Help With What Goes Where In An Alarm System?

What do you do if there are chipboard floors? Laminate floors? Pull it all up?

I guess you only do industrial stuff, not domestic. That's why you are out of touch with homes that people live in and don't like you trashing. There are few picture rails today and they really don't look very nice with wires in them. As I say, head for the middle - drop a few short drops fit the PIRs (you'll get no bother with them) connect up and you are finished - and the customer thinks it's magic that there is no mess or visible clue that you've ever been there. You stick to your 500 circuit jobs (which in reality would be split into a number of smaller units) you won't make the grade in people homes.

Christ, i`m trying to be polite now.
Domestics I can run hide and do all sorts without disruption. Actually one "domestic " has over 500 ccts, obviously you do not do bigger houses! Nor have the experience of even larger commercial where you STILL HAVE TO HIDE EVERYTHING. Add in some FIRE and ACCESS and it can be busy :D
I cut my teeth doing domestics and i`m still going to give you the benefit of doubt over your comments. You seem to be a decent enough person and actually agree with one or two of my other posts here. So why this apparent attack, a test? Hope I have passed it.
I do a lot of work for local authorities adding access for disabled as well as some other items. Every time I get thanks for a quick neat and tidy install.
I cut my teeth in this game as a locksmith then became more and more involved in the electronic side. My father ran a building company so I have a vast knowledge of structures and how buildings are made.

So a brief explanation of myself whom you seem happy to criticize.
How did you start?

Again no malice here, just trying to see your point of view after we have agreed on other subjects.

Alarm

You aren't answering the questions and I don't believe any domestic would have 500 circuits. If it's the Palace they have 24 hour guarding - it never gets locked up. So quit the waffle and admit that you (like everyone else I've ever met) sticks the sensors in the middle of the house. Take a walk down your street at this time of night when the curtains are open and you'll see the sensors clearly in the middle of the house. Are they getting any bother. Nope. It's the way it's done in the real world.

Sponsored Links
Generally the slighty higher cost of wireless is offset by lower labour costs.
These days there is very little difference between the two.

Your floor plan looks good to go sid.

As Alarm has said, watch out for rads / open fire.

Really would not have a pir in the shed, this will false alarm all the time with temp changes and drafts. Use a contact if possible

Sponsored Links

You aren't answering the questions and I don't believe any domestic would have 500 circuits. If it's the Palace they have 24 hour guarding - it never gets locked up. So quit the waffle and admit that you (like everyone else I've ever met) sticks the sensors in the middle of the house. Take a walk down your street at this time of night when the curtains are open and you'll see the sensors clearly in the middle of the house. Are they getting any bother. Nope. It's the way it's done in the real world.

Unquote

Really, wish to meet myself and come on a guided tour of a property with 506 circuits? A Domestic, so sorry you have never worked on really big projects. The house in question was recently the higest cost property sold before they did the new Knightsbridge apartments.
Again you cast dispersions on what you do not know.

I have tried and still do, to be polite. Yet you carry on as if you are the one and only person here to fit domestics. Rather sad.
Your description of "every house" you walk past is generic. Are all the same, not been converted. A bungalow can be hardwired and signed off in 3 hours if you do it correctly. You probably do it in 2 and take meter readings on the way home in a traffic jam.....
Poop, I have degernerated to your level and made an insult.

Really there are larger installiations than a 3 bed house, shame you never tasted this end of the game. Makes the little ones seem like pocket money, I said SEEM ater all they all pay our wage.
Now you rant and rave all you like. My customer base and I know what I can do. Not talk, DO.
Why are you being so obtuse on here. we are in the same trade are we not? I accept what you say as long as it is technically correct. What is your issue?

Hi Guys, thank you for all the info, seems a couple of you are having a 'friendly' chat about installing. I've been away with work, so not had chance to log on.

I have decided to just put door contacts in the sheds as I don't want loads of false alarms. So will have door contacts on all outside doors, and the sheds, and PIRS in the hallway/stairwell, front room and one covering the kitchen diner.

All the doors and windows are double glazed multi point locking, and apart from the bay window at the front, there is only one other opening window, in the kitchen, and that will be covered by the PIR.

Have I covered everything?

Are the remote key fobs any good or just a waste of money?

All seems ok, wise decision about not putting pir in the shed, they would only cause you trouble.

Cant comment on the keyfob thingy, but the yale guys will help with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back