blocked bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have opened tap and checked everything under the sink. I used the chemical acid, and apart of really bad smell NOTHING! I used 2 joined wires.Terrible smell but no effect.
Other sinks are ok.I live in the block of flats. Is tat possible that main communal drain is blocked?Would that be possible if all other sinks are ok??

What is another solution?I get the feeling that the drain is blocked far from bathroom

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Is your toilet flushing ok? if yes then the blockage is where your bath waste joins the soil stack.

We would normally use a wet vacuum and suck out any debris from the bath waste, you cant do this now as you have poured acid down the plug hole.

The next thing to do is plunge the waste making sure no acid comes back up onto you. Hole a damp cloth over the overflow or it wont work.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Toilet is fine, and my bath is fine too.There is separate draing from bath and sink.

Shall I then fix a trap gain, and use plunger untill the problem will be resolved?Does it make any sense to use more acid?

Thanks so much for all your advice!

there is around three cornerd alond the drain and around six meters to the soil drain

There might be an access point on the pipe work or some joints may be able to come undone. This is when you could use a snake. But saying that, you have poured acid down the bath waste, so undoing pipe work is not an option. Try a plunger.

Andy

I have used snake, but I could only reach certain point far into the drain.
I used plunger at the very beginning and didn't work at all (covering overflow).

Shall I ask my neighbour if his flat is fine?

Did you use One shot? if you did then you should be able to feel the pipe and see where it feels hot, this is where the blockage is. If you bath and toilet are ok then I'm sure your neighbours bathroom is fine.

Andy

Thank you very much for all your help.
After several attempts with plumbing snake we bought power plunger and we had problem sorted with just a few pumps without even dirty hands!
It is a miracle!Worth every penny!

Thank you Andy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back