Honeywell V4073A valve clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all just replaced a honeywell V4073A 3 port motorised valve, and cant seem to get it to fire the boiler when the room stat calls.
The mechanical cogs drive the arm forward but fail to make the switch cut in to fire the boiler. If i use a screwdriver to touch the switch the boiler fires.
This is the same issue as i had with the v4073A i replaced, so cant be a fault with the acutal valve?

any suggestions?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
would say you have a wiring issue.

more likely the grey wire is dead when ch only called for.
as said is it going over all the way ?

the mech arm means nothing that is only an arm to put the valve in mid position for filling draining purposes.

check the grey wire has 230v

when the heating is called for only the grey wire will become live from either the hw off position at the programmer or hw on at programmer cyl stat satisfied.
in the grey terminal will be another 2 wires 1 from programmer hw off
and 1 from cylinder stat satisfied.

the grey needs to be live to pull the valve to ch only otherwise it will sit in mid position hw/ch.

so check what one is not giving 230v programmer or cyl stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back