veritas alarm cant reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We inherited a Veritas Alarm, we've never used it. I flipped the mains to do some work on a light, this set the alarm off. We cant reset it properly. the 'unset' light flashes green. i removed the main cover, now when i try to play with it the 'tamper' trigger goes off! :mad: Ive followed some guidance elsewhere to remove the battery and mains power, then reinstate both. This shuts off the alarm, but ive tried then entering 4321 prog, 60, 1151 (new code), prog, reset. Unfortunately i can get through this until trying to hit 'prog' after the reset. Basically i just want to factory reset the box. Im not entirely sure which model i have photos attached...
can anyone help...?

Sponsored Links
You don't need to do a factory reset, just get a new battery both in the panel and your outside sounder.

What you have described is classic non maintenance of an alarm system.

Mains turned off, panel battery should take over, if it does not the outside sounder operates, if it does not the outside sounder battery is also faulty.

so theres a battery in the mains box and the external box!?!?! im tempted to get an engineer in but i expect to be taken advantage of!
is changing the battery in the external box do-able for an amature?

The keypad now has all keys lit, but no lights on either tamper, or unset. we had this before, and decided to leave it alone until i could find guidance, then the external alarm randomly went off. theres no lights visible on any of the sensors. I just want to shut the ******* thing off! theres no hurry to fix it as we rarely use it. (family pets!)

Sponsored Links
"but i expect to be taken advantage of!"

Thats a bit harsh too though tbh, its a two way street.

aye true. I think cos we dont use it im percieving it to be expensive. will ring round in the morning. i need to stop watching rogue traders. tried everything so has to be the batteries.

:LOL: like i said "im tempted to get a professional in". i'll follow your advice and get three quotes from local companies. Bit harsh response tho. Lets hope you never need advice from someone on here on a subject you know little about.

I would firstly research, probably find the anwser myself. I have always been hands on from my father owing a building company and built my first alarm system from a box of bits aged 12. So not much I will not research and try.
If I then went for assistance my question would not include a statement that clearly tars the whole industry with the one and same brush.

I see someone has cleaned up my reply, thank you. Sometimes I say it as I see it.

Glad your taking advice and getting 3 quotes. Battery will probably be 30-40 dependant on the company ( or even what part of the country your in) call out 50 - 90 again dependant on where you are. More expensive in London you see.

£35 quid call out. probs an extra £15 on top for batteries apparently. apologies all-round. :oops: now to set up the secret cameras...

tyneside...cheap as chips. Im expecting a bit more tbh! and he's coming out tomorrow. easy as that. whats the chances of me making it through the night without having it go off!?! lol

They must be charities or desperate up your way. That's even cheap by my prices.

Blimey I pay that for a 7ah from a national supplier.

35 call out, errrrr okies. Still live at home :D

yeah it sounded a bit cheap. he defo said £35 call-out. might be cos hes only 2 mins away. i'll report back. might actually get round to using the alarm now, can probs set zones where the ******* cat doesnt walk around. Just laziness.

ahhhh should have looked at the picture, you have a 2.9 fitted.

Ask him to fit a 7ah it will fit and will last longer in a power cut.

Responding on behalf of andynewcastle.

So the engineer came out and couldnt fix it. The power has gone and there is no power going into the box - its still not fixed.

There is no LED light flashing now in the control panel and as soon as the LED light stopped flashing the outside box went and wend off all night. It was squeeling first and the battery sounded like it was dying. After about 7 hours it has stopped and is sounding now with a small 'bleep' every minute or so.

Has the battery died now and is there any chance it could go off again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back