brand new honeywell 3 port valve not closing heating port

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi please help,I've just had new 3 port valve changed because when hw on had 2 hot radiators 1 upstairs 1 downstairs was told old valve was passing by.
Problem is had new valve fitted guess what same thing happens when hw on A and B ports ie pipes coming out are both hot shouldn't B be cold? WHAT'S GOING ON. vice versa with heating on B and A are both hot like before shouldn't A be cold?
HELP :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi mate yeah you're right sorry when ch on shouldn't B be cold vice versa if only hw water on A should be cold.

as seco has said +
how many rads do you have? is the upstairs one thats getting hot in the bathroom?
any problems with the rest of them

Matt

Sponsored Links
10 rads on system downstairs rad + 1 upstairs in bedroom getting hot with ch off hw on. its a mystery to me

3 port valve is wired into a round junction box brown wire from 3 port valve yellow/green wire from cable going to danfoss wb12 junction box? thanks for reply.

brown wire from 3 port :confused:

honeywell 5 wire colours are
Y/G
BLUE
GREY
ORANGE
WHITE

Was the whole valve changed?
I suspect either;
a) top changed and body seized, or
b) system electrical fault, valve wasn't required at all.

forgive me brown wire was from cable coming out just checked BUT A and B pipes are still hot with only HW on?
f*****g idiot ain't I.

Hi Mick, yes whole valve was replaced £250 worth of it occh .
thanks for your patients with me.

Hi Mick, yes whole valve was replaced £250 worth of it occh .
thanks for your patients with me.

£250 :eek: he definitely got you with your pants down. ;)
all i can suggest is the valve comes back out to check it.

did you see the valve being changed ?

yeah I was in the room when they changed it, expensive I know :(
will have to get them back to check it. thanks for help

did you see the old one come off or did the bloke tell you it was the whole thing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back