ADT/Honeywell alarm issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We inherited an ADT/Honeywell system when we bought our house last year. Lately it has been working ok, but with a few extra messages when setting/unsetting the alarm, but over the weekend when we were out of the country, it went off throughout the night for no apparent reason, which naturally ****ed off all the neighbours.

I've tried a few things but can't seem to clear these pesky messages off, and last night it started a few warning beeps at 4am. Caught it just before it went off properly.

It's a Honeywell CP038 pad on the wall, branded ADT, with 'Grade 3 Class II' underneath. This keypad must have replaced the original one as the painting around it is for a different shape.

The messages I get are:

after entering my code to set alarm as normal,

'Fault Override
01 Event(s) >'

'Tamper 00
ENT to Cont'

and I can't get this one up today, but occasionally it comes up with

'Master Reset Required'

I have no documentation for this box, just got a 5min lesson from a colleague of the previous owner over a year ago....

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Galaxy Keyprox keypad, ADT branded.
Could be anyone of 5 panels but not too abd.
When it shows ALERT Fault override > do you press the A button to scroll.
Try that then when it syas press ENT, do that, should clear.
If it says Master Reset, put in the master user code and press enter.

Sometimes jsut putting in the code pressing A as if to set and when it says override press ent to do so. Let it set and then unset and that should clear down the message.

Let me know what is written on the main control panel and I can post the user manual for you, or at least a link.

thanks for the reply.

If it does it when setting, continuing as normal, then hitting A will set the alarm as it should. It's what it does when not set that is worrying me most.

Master User code - is that just the standard code to set the alarm? Because that's all we have...

Err there could be others in there.
You would need to check the logs and see who is setting the system.
Again the panel name would help.

G2-12
G2-20
G3-48
GD-48

ECT

Sponsored Links
Agree that Tamper 00 is the keypad. In fact, not sure about your firmware version, but old 1.1 FW for this panel alternates between the word Tamper and Keypad on the LCD.

Be sure to give the keypad a few gentle nudges/taps if you cannot find anything wrong, as I have seen some with tolerance issues between the small surface mounted PCB tamper switch and the backplate. This can be exacerbated if the small break out in the backplate has been fixed to the wall/external surface. Room temperature variations can also play a part in showing underlying problems with the tamper switch.

Keypad output:

Tamper 00
ENT to Continue
///////Alternates To//////////
Keypad 00
ENT to Continue

thanks, will try that. Full setting sequence doesn't clear it, but it will work through it. Will take a close look at the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back