bath room drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when plumbing a basement 3 piece bathroom can I use a vented basin drain to wet vent the WC and shower if WC is up stream of vented basin and shower is down stream?

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand the question, are you conecting to a soil stack which runs into drains deeper than the basement, or a masserator.

If the WC branch needs to be vented then the branch ventilating pipe should connect within 300mm of the WC and join the stack at a point higher than the spill-over level of the highest appliance discharging into the stack and be min. 25mm pipe. (modified single stack system).

If the basin is ventilated by a ventilating pipe and not an antisyphonic trap, then I guess you are ok, as long as the above criteria are met.

How are you plumbing the shower drain ?
into the 110mm horizontal WC branch?
If the drains gets blocked, the shower could get contaminated with poo, I wouldn't plumb it like that, I'd put it on its own branch above the WC branch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back