Lime Render for Inside Of Chimney Breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to apply a lime render to the inside walls of my fireplace, into which I am installing a wood burner.

I'm only going to render the sides and leave the back wall brick exposed.

The photo shows the situation:

My question is the metal bead put in place for plastering the outside of the chimney breast is exposed (as shown in the pic). I want the render to be applied all the way to the edge meaning the last 5mm or 10mm or so will need to cover this bead.

Is this likely to pose a problem in terms of adhesion of the render over the metal bead or should it be OK?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just coat the beading with some PVA before applying the lime render, this will help with the adhesion.

Just coat the beading with some PVA before applying the lime render, this will help with the adhesion.
Hi all, I'm new to this.

I have a plasterer coming in to do my living room & render my fireplace similar to above but we want all 3 walls doing.

What mix is best to use, does 7:1:1 sound right? sand/cement/lime.
I have to level the back out before he comes on monday as there is a large crevice down the middle, so was going to get it started asap.

I've got a wire brush to the suit & pva & water mix applied.

My plasterer has told me if I get it level he will apply the under coat and then come back and apply the finnishing coat.

Should I also add PVA to my mix

Any advice is welcome.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I'm new to this.

I have a plasterer coming in to do my living room & render my fireplace similar to above but we want all 3 walls doing.

What mix is best to use, does 7:1:1 sound right? sand/cement/lime.
I have to level the back out before he comes on monday as there is a large crevice down the middle, so was going to get it started asap.

I've got a wire brush to the suit & pva & water mix applied.

My plasterer has told me if I get it level he will apply the under coat and then come back and apply the finnishing coat.

Should I also add PVA to my mix

Any advice is welcome.
I've responded to the new post you made. Please don't hijack others posts especially old ones!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back