Galaxy Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Honeywell Galaxy panel installed. It's been in place for several years - I don't have maintenance or monitoring in place but it is set-up to Send a text to my mobile if there is an trigger.

With the alarm part-set I inadvertently opened a door causing a false alarm. I entered the code, and stopped the alarm. All seemed fine then I got a message saying 'manager reset required. SMS Comms Fail'.

I put in my user code but this wouldn't clear the fault. I can set the alarm providing I acknowledge that the fault exist.

As I purchase the system without contract, I was given an engineering code too. I put this in, thinking that it was going to need engineering access to clear the fault but when I put the code in I get a further message saying ' additional code required' :eek:

I'd be grateful if anyone has any ideas about how I might clear the fault and also what it's likely to be.... I checked the mobile number etc and that seems fine.

Many thanks in advance

Brittas

Sponsored Links
There is a problem with the service centre numbers used by engineers. There are no specific numbers provided for the SMS service and they are often offlinne or removed by the service providers. There is one that works at the moment, but you would need the engineers code as you cannot change the centre number with a user code.

As for the fault this is from the manual;
If a fault condition occurs when the system is unset, an ‘Alert!’ message will be shown on the
keypad accompanied by an intermittent beep. If this occurs, you should go to the nearest
keypad and type in your PIN code and press ent. The keypad display will show what has
happened. The scroll keys A> and B< should be used to scroll through the message screens. If
the condition has cleared, pressing ent or esc will reset the fault condition. A fault condition
cannot be reset if it has not cleared or if it has not been viewed by a user.

Trouble is you will always get the fault if the system sends a signal.
You might get lucky and it will come back online.
However remember relying on a SMS service to signal is the most simple method, ever tried to send a text at busy times, it does not go through!!! Next best method is a speech dialler, at least this calls you direct. Next step is full monitoring with an Alarm Recieving Centre.

You pay what you get for in this world.

You need to authorize engineers access, however this will not solve your sms comms fail.

There has been many problems with this service over the years and is not recommended as your primary methode of signalling.

It may be the case that your centre number is no longer valid

To gain access to engineers, enable access through option 48 = level 3 access - sub option 1=enable

Also try the O2 centre number 07860980487 (any guys on the board know if this one still works??)

There is a problem with the service centre numbers used by engineers. There are no specific numbers provided for the SMS service and they are often offlinne or removed by the service providers. There is one that works at the moment, but you would need the engineers code as you cannot change the centre number with a user code.

As for the fault this is from the manual;
If a fault condition occurs when the system is unset, an ‘Alert!’ message will be shown on the
keypad accompanied by an intermittent beep. If this occurs, you should go to the nearest
keypad and type in your PIN code and press ent. The keypad display will show what has
happened. The scroll keys A> and B< should be used to scroll through the message screens. If
the condition has cleared, pressing ent or esc will reset the fault condition. A fault condition
cannot be reset if it has not cleared or if it has not been viewed by a user.

Trouble is you will always get the fault if the system sends a signal.
You might get lucky and it will come back online.
However remember relying on a SMS service to signal is the most simple method, ever tried to send a text at busy times, it does not go through!!! Next best method is a speech dialler, at least this calls you direct. Next step is full monitoring with an Alarm Recieving Centre.

You pay what you get for in this world.

GOD DAM your quick lol

Sponsored Links
Latest is that O2 centre number has now ceased.
This number is still active, 07860 980480, for how long who knows.

Thanks Mr Young, I do try :D

Sorry folks, last digit on mine was wrong, but alarms was what i meant.

You need to authorize engineers access,

Just to add, you may have to authorize the ENG code, it depends on the way it has been programmed.

Unless you know the engineers code there is nothing you can do.

Yeah, if you know the engineer code, assign a #, This will stop the requirement for authorisation from the manager.

All, firstly thanks for your help and such quick responses. Sounds like this SMS business is a bit of a minefield!

With regards authorising the code, How do I do that ?... I have what the installer told me was the 4 digit eng code, but when I enter it I just get a message saying additional code required :oops:

Sounds like your lucky and have the engineers code.

With your user code, do as Mr Young says to enable the engineers code.
To gain access to engineers, enable access through option 48 = level 3 access - sub option 1=enable
Then exit the menu, ESC ESC ESC until the day screen shows.
Now enter the engineer code and press ESC, the enter the engineers code again and press ENT.

Bingo your in engineering, now stop,do not press anything unless you are sure about what you are doing. You will alter the programming and stuff up the system in one way or another. This although a stripped down big Galaxy still has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Put in 56 and press enter. Put in 17 and press ENT, Put in 2 and press ENT, the centre number will be shown. Is it the one posted above? If not press B until the number has gone then enter the above number. press enter. Now press ESC until the banner / day message is showing. Arm the system and trip a zone, all should be well.

You are advised not to play about in the engineers menus as they can effect the performance of the system. Maybe even invalidate your insurance policies in place.

If you get stuck by all means ask another question.

Sounds like your lucky and have the engineers code.

With your user code, do as Mr Young says to enable the engineers code.
Then exit the menu, ESC ESC ESC until the day screen shows.
Now enter the engineer code and press ESC, the enter the engineers code again and press ENT.

Bingo your in engineering, now stop,do not press anything unless you are sure about what you are doing. You will alter the programming and stuff up the system in one way or another. This although a stripped down big Galaxy still has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Put in 56 and press enter. Put in 17 and press ENT, Put in 2 and press ENT, the centre number will be shown. Is it the one posted above? If not press B until the number has gone then enter the above number. press enter. Now press ESC until the banner / day message is showing. Arm the system and trip a zone, all should be well.

You are advised not to play about in the engineers menus as they can effect the performance of the system. Maybe even invalidate your insurance policies in place.

If you get stuck by all means ask another question.
Pot, Kettle & Black come to mind

Once again, thanks everyone for your help :D
I'm going to give it a crack tomorrow - just in case I manage to set it off tonight and make the neighbours very happy! :oops:

He has the CODE.

I have merely told him how to not mess up the system.

All other information was there. would you rather have someone stuff someting up or assist.
At no time was defaulting information given.
I could of course tell all and sundry how to change CODES without affecting programming, or just wipe the system clean- but you as well as I know this is wrong.

OP has the CODE, has an issue. One that can be fixed. At no time were CODES given out.

A disclaimer was issued about how wandering in the menu`s can be dangerous.

Do you get the drift now, or would you rather someone messed up a functioning system. A local company will probably be called anyway.
Afraid you lost out on a few quid?

As before I will never give out CODES or how to default. I have never said I will not assist an issue outside of that premis.

Perhaps you should read peoples statements in depth rather than skim them for what suits your own purposes.
I seem to recognise your prose from another site, if I am correct you can PM myself on any other issues you have.

As before OP if you are stuck please ask. We will endeavour to assist without breaking any "codes" of practise which are applicable.

Ok, I have done as stated, put in the new service number. I then press esc, esc, esc back to the main banner which still says manager reset required. I also can't exit eng mode....I put in the code then press ESC... It does a tamper check then shows SMS conf fail but won't leave Eng mode...

Any help would be much apprecitiated!

Thanks

Ok, I have done as stated, put in the new service number. I then press esc, esc, esc back to the main banner which still says manager reset required. I also can't exit eng mode....I put in the code then press ESC... It does a tamper check then shows SMS conf fail but won't leave Eng mode...

Any help would be much apprecitiated!

Thanks
I'd suggest you don't have a Manager Code, but a User Code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back