Galaxy Alarm Problem

Sponsored Links
Ok
Just tried it but can't leave eng mode. Just says manager reset rqd. I presume to do it you mean put the eng code in then enter followed by eng code then esc?

Many thanks

Try setting code A scroll thru the alerts ent to set.

Toleave engineers you put in code and press esc.

If none of this works you need to get an engineer out to clear down and recover the master code.

Sorry -just fully understood what you meant.
Have just set the alarm using eng mode, unset again. Still no joy - won,t leave eng mode. :eek:
Still shows SMS com fault in the event log and when you try and leave eng mode it won't go past the tamper checking stage.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for all your help alarm!

as you say, I think it,s time to call a man in !

One final question, i presume I should be able to use the alarm as Normal using the eng code until I can get the firm out - provided of course that I stay away from the other menus :D

As before you need to get the master code reset.
It is not prudent to start giving more information about the panel than I already have.
Sorry.

Yes just stay out of the menus :D

Seen this type of issue with Classic Galaxy 18's and 60's fitted with the external telecoms module. The telecoms module CPU got itself into a state where the panel CPU could not pass its message queue. The telecom module had to be power cycled to return to normal state and then it picked up the message queue from the main CPU and the error cleared.

Didn't see the panel type mentioned in the thread, so your issue may be unrelated.

Its a G2-20 panel... I've been advised to get the master code reset but the bit I can't get my head round is that I have L3 access, which I thought was the highest level of access. does this mean there is another code I haven't got?

Soc, thanks for clouding the matter.Keep older versions apart from the newer ones!

OP how do you know you have level 3?

You sound like you have user only level 1.

I thought I had as I went through option 48 and enabled Level 3 access, then got in using the eng code.

You enabled level 3, which is engineer.

You have level 3, which is engineers.

Your code is a type 1 not a TYPE 2 or 3.

See the difference? Type, not Level.

The system is looking for a TYPE 2 or 3 user code.

This is why wandering around the menu`s is dangerous.

I’ve had exactly the same problem trapped in engineering mode with the same SMS Comms Fail message.

I found the only way out was to restart the system, option 51 then 17 and finally 1. Please be very very very very very careful as the second restart option completely clears the system memory back to the factory defaults which deletes all users and zones set-up.

It would be safer to disconnect the mains power and the battery for a few seconds, but first warn your neighbours your bell will sound for a few seconds.

I can also confirm the main managers code (user 23) wouldn’t clear this issue. I read online this error is cleared automatically the next time an SMS massage is sent.

Good Luck & Regards
Steve
Please note: I’m a private individual who purchased a G2 online and installed it myself with the help from an installation manual I found online.

Hi . I Have A galaxy 212 Intruder Panel And The SmS Is Not Working .
Has The TAP Central Number Changed .
It Keeps Coming Up SmS Failed .
Can Someone Help Me .

Thanks Phill1507

Nah, they've been playing up lately. The O2 one was down for a few days and they seem to be taking a good few seconds to answer as well. The panel eventually gives up and logs an event.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back