Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior upgrade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior Combi boiler which I would like a bit of advice on.

It currently has a basic 24Hr timer with the teeth that you push in/out for when you want the heating on. We then have a thermostat in the hallway.

Is there any way that the timer /thermostat can be changed so that we can have a programmer either on the boiler or instead of the basic dial thermostat.

My parents heating system (considerably older, not sure what make) has a digital thermostat in the living room that allows each day to be programmed in and has a 1hr boost button etc. This is what I really would like, although a new programmer on the boiler would do.

If it is possible then what sort of cost would be involved and is it something that I could do myself?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
You just replace the thermostat with a programable model and leave timeclock on constant.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you point me in the direction of a programmer that would work? Would it require any additional wiring?

WB do the DT20 which fits in the place of the existing timer, if I used one of these would it just be a case of swapping it over?

Simon.

You need a proper one placed in the correct position like where the room stat is now perhaps.

Drayton Digistat 2 or three is the kind of thing. Cheap ones from £20 at screwfix etc.

They connect by the two switching wires you have for your room stat now but dont connect the neutral at all.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks.

Can I just ask one more question??

I wanted a cheap programmer/thermostat that has a "boost" function. i.e. one that you can just press a button and the heating will come on for an hour and then go off. The Drayton digistat 2 or 3 don't seem to have this function.

Any suggestions?

Simon.

I have looked around and can't find any units with the boost so have decided to go for either the horstman centaurstat 7 at £31 in screwfix or the Drayton digistat +3 at £53. Is the digistat worth the extra cash??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back