Electric Shower - Erratic Behaviour!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've recently moved into a rented property and I'm having alot of trouble with our shower that our landlord and his trusty "builder" seems to be unable to fathom.

It seems that our electric shower (Neptune Solo) only likes to play nice at certain times, and in different ways.

Most mornings it works fine no problems whatsoever. Most evenings, the shower will not heat up at all and the red light will not come on at all. Right now, its fluctuating from hot to cold and has been doing so all day.

Yesterday, our landlords handyman came to look at the shower, and with it being in the morning, the shower worked fine. It was a bit of a nightmare trying to explain to the guy the problem, he didnt really understand as it looked like it was working to him.

The most relevant issue I'm guessing is that if we run water elsewhere in the house, tap, toilet flush, washing machine etc, this will affect the temp of the shower. Why is this happening? We live in a ground floor flat in a 4 strorey Victorian terrace and I'm worried that our shower could be affected by the other flats water usage somehow?

Would really appreciate any thoughts? We havn't been able to shower for two days and feeling a bit groggy! Thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
will not heat up at all and the red light will not come on at all.
what red neon power or overheat ?

Right now, its fluctuating from hot to cold and has been doing so all day.

The most relevant issue I'm guessing is that if we run water elsewhere in the house, tap, toilet flush, washing machine etc, this will affect the temp of the shower.

this problem and the one above is relating to a mains pressure issue.
sounds like your mains pressure is low and your shower is running on the border line.
check your mains pressure static/dynamic.

thanks for that, yes i was referring to the red power light.

will ask the landlord to check the pressure issues

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back