adaptor for metal soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
can anyone tell me if i can get an adaptor to connect 110mm soil pipe to a metal one (see photo)?
i've looked in the usual sheds but haven't seen anything obviously suitable. any help would be most appreciated.
cheers

soil1.jpg

soil2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is the picture a pan connector? Look like an odd-sized clay pipe connector..?

yeah, the photo is of the pan connector that seems to be welded/concreted into another pipe. the second pipe is welded/concreted into the soil stack.

i was hoping not to have to break or cut the what's there already.

Sponsored Links
arman said:
yeah, the photo is of the pan connector that seems to be welded/concreted into another pipe. the second pipe is welded/concreted into the soil stack.

i was hoping not to have to break or cut the what's there already.

its not concreted it will be caulked with lead and hemp possibly covered in putty

it will come out if you go steady

I have seen a brown plastic underground fitting that would do it.

The product that will probably do it is manufactured by Polypipe, product number UG464 "Clay or Cast Iron Adaptors-110mm Adaptors to Sockets "

http://www.polypipe.com/POLYPIPE/pp_html/uground/ugd_frameset_05.html

thi is cemmented into the iron socket using a strong motar mix, so that the cement is made level with the outside rim of the socket and sloped forward onto the plastic fitting, should give neater result than a multikwik.

Not ideal , but u can get straight extension pipe which goes from 3 inch with sealing rubber to 4inch which receives the pan connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back