Engine Warning light Ford Fiesta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, The engine Warning light has come on and the car started to judder. I have a 52 plate Fiesta. Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be? Any ideas would be greatful.
Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Sorry John I have made a mistake. It is the Engine warning light. Have you got any ideas?
Dave

Hello Dave
Pleased to hear its not the oil, but the MIL light...!
If you think your car is misfiring, the engine will be jumping around a bit on tickover and this often suggests a coil pack breakdown. However, a garage will plug in a scanner which will communicate with the cars on board computer which will give a better clue.
Coil packs are around £60 from a motor factors - at least thats for the Focus.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John, I will take it to the garage to get it checked out. Will it be OK to drive to work, about a mile from home or will it damage the engine?
Thanks Dave

Put it this way, Dave - if it was my car I'd drive it to work!
Purists amongst us would say that if the car has a misfire then raw fuel could cause damage to the catalytic converter but in a real life situation its not very likely that damage would be done.
If it is a coil pack fault, expect the garage to replace the sparking plugs as well.
Be lucky mate
John :)

Thanks John, I feel better with your grateful advice. All I need now is some luck. Last week the fridge, this week the car, what's next? They say it happens in 3's.
All the very best Dave

I have just purchased a 2010 fiesta Edge
and this is still happening.The Garage plugged into the car's diagnostic plug and it's the plugs and leads which they will replace under Warranty.

Had this recently with our '06 Mondeo, cured with a new coil pack & leads. Shouldn't complain though, the car's clocked up close to 170k (y)

Sponsored Links
Back