Using one alarm to trigger another

Not without Admin rights.

Just keep asking on here.

Happy xmas (belated) and New Year to you too.

Ask away, always good to have the noodle ticking over.

Sponsored Links
Hi

(Re)wiring going ok, taking a little longer than anticipated though !

Quick question re connecting extension speakers if I may which isn't clear from the manual....

Wiring one in for the house from the control panel is fine, there are 2 terminals maked 'SPK+' and 'SPK -'

I wish to stick one in for the garage too, taken from the keypad (an LCDL), however there is only a single terminal marked 'SPK'

Where do I wire the other of the pair ? Is it just to one of the 12v supply terminals ?

Thanks

Sorry to give this a bump, can anyone advise on my last question ??? So close to getting it all connected ! Cheers

Sorry, use spk and op prog op as speaker.
Should do the trick.

Looks like your finally there just about.

Sponsored Links
So far, nearly so good !

All went well until 1st test when managed to trigger alarm and then couldn't silence or reset it - wanted a fob to disarm. Eventually managed to silence it somehow, and I think I've found relevant option to disable that.

Now I'm just sorting out some glitch with my Area setups. Although Keypad 1 and Zones 1-8 are in Area A only, and Keypad 2 and Zones 9-10 are in Area B only, with no Arm Suites set to complicate matters as yet, for some reason on exit from either area it says that BOTH areas A and B are in exit !?!?!

Will return to it tomorrow... :confused:

PMSL that catches the pros out too DD243, keypad locked on entry. After dual enrty timer expires keypad becomes active again.
Some panels have it as default some not :D

You got it, suites/groups/wards need to be assigned to keypads.

Almost there :D

Yes, that was fun for a while ! luckily I hadn't reconnected the batts in the external sounders but I pulled the 12v to them so just had to contend with the speakers warbling away whilst I hastily scoured the manual and hammered away on the keypad !!! :eek:

I think I disabled it by deselecting the Control Timer from User Time Lock so I hope thats right !

I also think my problem with Areas might be that its currently set to use Arm suites which aren't yet defined (i.e. I should have set it to 'Use Keypad Areas' until I'd sorted it out).

Too late to mess tonight now, the neighbours will love me... :)

Well that was a moring and half the afternoon wasted ! :cry:

Still struggling with getting it to do what I want. Think I need to ask some more basic questions to make sure it can do what I'm trying to get it to do....

The keypad in the house is in Area A only, as are Zones 1-8
The keypad in the Garage is in Area B only, as are Zones 9-10

I want to be able to enter my code on the House keypad, and by default arm/disarm/part-arm the House only - ideally the Garage should remain in its current armed or disarmed state.

If I then go into the Garage, I want to have to enter my code on the Garage keypad to disarm and enter again to re-arm as I lock up.

However... if the alarm goes off at night, triggered by the Garage, I want to be able to silence the alarm from the House keypad.

Does that all make sense and is that achieveable with this setup ?

Thanks

Two options.

Assign keypad to both areas and when setting unsetting it will ask 1 or 2 to set/unset.

Or assign a code to an area, say 1234 for 1 2234 for 2 ( obviously not those codes, just examples.)

That way you dont even have to select the area.

Thanks for the reply - on a Sunday too, don't you have any time off ? :D

I'll look into both options, but just so I'm going in the right direction from the off, is this using "Keypad Areas" (p57 in the manual if you have it handy) or using "Area Arm Suites" ??

Yep as on page 57.
( Have most manuals on PDF, never know when one will come in handy)

Thanks, will take another look...

Though I think option 1 might be out because (as I understand it) putting the keypads in both areas means I'll get sounds on the house keypad when arming/disarming the garage ?

I guess this is where the computer interface option comes in handy - I presume you can 'save state', make a load of changes, then revert back if they don't work ?

You can I believe, copy and paste the existing before you make the changes though :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back