hotpoint 9545 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
machine goes thru cycle as normal,but does not wait for water to heat up to correct temperature.heater and heater supply ok.any ideas?

Sponsored Links
there is more to this.

how do you know heater suppl and heater ar ok? how did you?.........

machine will impulse straaight through heat pause if economy switch is selected-or if switch is faulty.

IS this the model with the thermistor type fitted rather than the thermostat? if so check the thermistor has not short-circuited, remove it from the machine and press it against a radiator or kettle and check that it's resistence varies with changes in temp.

Sponsored Links
i have disconnected connector block from thermistor.does not make any difference.also, i have tested economy switch.that is ok.what is strange,is that initially,i found a broken wire to heater.i repaired that and proved heater was ok and the supply to it came on when cycle was in progress.i thought machine was not supposed to go through cycle if there was a break in heater circuit, which it had been doing.would an open circuit in thermistor cause this fault?

I would have checked the resistence of the thermister as previously advised with circuit tester first or replaced the thermistor as it is the cheapest part.

If that has not solved the problem then it sounds like you probably may require a new programmer or speedcontrol module as one of these two has failed but cost around £80 each to buy new. Personally I wouldn't bother and just use the machine as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back