Gledhill -No Hot Water Final

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your suggestions to date.

Still waiting for engineer to call to replace ball valve in feed tank and hopefully sort hot water fault(still checking level and will top up if required)
Contacted Gledhill and they feel that the store tank level is low.
Drained some water from store tank but feed tank level did not drop.Fed a lenght of curtain wire down feed pipe, get approx 1.5 meter before can go no further, would this suggest a blockage or am I on the wrong track. If a blockage any suggestions on how to clear it? P.s curtain wire heats up only at bottom .5 meter.
Both pumps appear to operate. Store tank thermistat reaches temp very quickly(guess this is consistent with low water level)
There appear to be a bleed screw on pipe above the boiler return pump when I open this nothing comes out
CH Boiler never reaches max temp so not being overworked
Thanks for all your help

Hope this Engineer arrives :D

Sponsored Links
Any chance of you adding posts to previous topic as its hard to follow whats going on when you create new topics all the time.

Cheers :)

Sorry for being all over the place - new to this but now I,ve learned

Think the feed pipe from the feed tank to the store tank is blocked,
My heating engineer has let me down by not showing.
Considering trying a Sludge Remover to solve my problem
Any other ideas would be gratefully received as "her indoors" is getting somewhat annoyed at havig to visit her mothers for a shower.

Ta much :D

Sponsored Links
is getting somewhat annoyed at havig to visit her mothers for a shower.

Every cloud has a silver lining :LOL: :LOL:

Could be the other way round :cry: :cry:

Probably find the pumps are sludged up, together with the store, they need to come out and be checked as this is a common fault.

Plan of action, rip it out and fit a cylinder.

:idea:

what model number is the boiler mate

Boilermate model is Boilermate II FE185
CH Boiler is Suprima 50

Think the feed pipe from F&E tank is blocked
Would a sludge remover clear this? :cool:

The blockage in the feed pipe has now been cleared and boilermate is now filling normally.Both pumps are clean and oprating normally.
CH works perfectly but hot water is still not working. Would this now suggest that the only remaining culprit is the store thermostat - or could there possibly be another culprit.

If the BM is an older model, with no pump for the Hot Water, you may have a faulty Thermostatic mixing valve.

Personally, I like Doitalls suggestion, but then again, I'm Biased
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back