Can I install my Grundfos pumo upside down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am installing my Grundfos 15-90 Home Booster pump at the weekend. I am putting it on the hot water pipe out of the hot water cylinder. The pipe is vertical, with the flow downwards.

The manual supplied with the pump shows that correct positions for the pump to be vertical flowing up and horizontal but not upside down (flowing down)!

If it is not recommended then I will have to put in extra pipework to swap the flow around - pain in the neck!

Comments?
Ta
Paul

Sponsored Links
I cannot think of any reason not to put it in any orientation PROVIDING that the motor shaft is horizontal.

Tony

Thanks for that.

I guess two things might be supply of water to the inlet side and or the electrics being underneath?

However given it is a feed off the hot water cylinder I am happy there will be water! Then I will try to make sure it doesn't leak too much - hah!

Cheers
Paul

I cannot think of any reason not to put it in any orientation PROVIDING that the motor shaft is horizontal.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I should have said that the head part should be rotated so that the connection box is at the top or side ( but not the bottom ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back