Master Telephone Socket Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please see picture attached. The thick black cable used to supply a second line upstairs, but is now disconnected at the exchange. However I was wishing to use it to make the upstairs point an extension on my one and only line.

Could I cut the orange, and white cables (which are redundant as they link to the main incoming line), and use them in slots 2,3,4,5 in conjunction with the spare black and green cables to get the upstairs working as an extension?

I do currently have the upstairs point wired into the master as an extension but its with indoor white cable running up the outside of the house so I would disconnect this if I could get the proper black cable to work :confused:

Sponsored Links
Any isolation needed to the orange and white on the main incomer or is it ok to leave them curled up at the back of the box?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back