Alarm Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I just clrify how the wiring is laid for an intruder alarm. Ignoring connecting the contacts etc. as I have an electrician who willl do this, I just need to lay 6 core cable from one contect to the next in each zone and then back to the panel.

Sponsored Links
as Alarm said
run a six core cable to each device position then back to the end station (control panel box) under the stairs or somewere located out of view.

but dont forget to run a cable for your remote keypad (s) external siren and internal siren.

also ensure there is an unswitched fused spur fitted with a 3 amp fuse by the side of the end staion (control panel)

and a BT cable, if you are going to have it monotored/speech dialler fitted.

any other help please feel free to ask

Thanks

I am fine with the electrics, and wont forget the key pad etc. However I am still unclear about the wiring of the zones. Of these opionw which is correct - a 6 cor cale to each devive, or a six core cable to one decive then to the next etc. If each device has one 6 core cable going back to the control panel what happens to them there. I could really do with a diagram.

Sponsored Links
Its ONE 6 core cable from panel to each device

(panel -------cable--------device 1)
(panel -------cable--------device 2)

NOT

(PANEL ------------cable------------device 1--------cable-----------device 2)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back