Premier 24 Zone issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

just wired in a Texecom Premier 24 panel with no expansion cards so just the 8 zones made up from 3 PIRs and 2 Contacts i have used EOL on all the wiring
Zone 1 on the keypad is mapped to Zone 1 on the panel

the remaining 3 panel zones are set to "not used" as detailed on page 18 of the manual - "Any zones that are not being used must be linked out
or programmed as "Not Used"

Under enigneering mode the zones report as expected, zones 1-5 secure, no tampers or alarm conditions, Zones 6-8 set as not used.

However when i arm the panel or view the zone status from the arming options the 3 redundant zones report in a tamper condition

Tonight i will fit a test EOL to one of them to loop out but i thought setting them as "not used" should have the same effect?

I also need to check the Aux tamper is linked out, could this cause this?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Update

Aux tamper was already looped out, thats not the issue

fitted a 2k2 across one of the redundant zones and the panel reported as "secure" so i assume this is what is needed in addition to set as "not used"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back