Glow worm 30ci loud clicking noise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Glow worm 30ci its about 3 1/2 years old but its always had a slight problem sometimes when the heating or the hot water is required and the boiler starts it makes a loud clicking noise (kinda like a machine gun). every time it does it I have to turn the boiler off and its fine after that but recently its happening more regular about 1 out of 10 times and it's not as loud.
The only thing I can think it must be is some sort of valve that switches between heating and dhw demand.

Does this make any sense to anyone? or has anybody come across this problem before I called Glow worm when I first noticed the problem as its in warranty they didn't have a clue and said if someone comes out and can't find a problem I would be charged.

Sponsored Links
Those boilers have a motor to drive the diverter valve and it may well be that.Fairly easy to change by removing circlip and unplugging motor.No drain down required although it is towards the back of the controls section and may be a bit awkward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back