Vokera 80SP Pilot Fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I'm sure I saw a similiar problem to this ages ago on this site but can't find it so apologies if I'm repeating.........In short the pilot light is going out when I switch on the central heating. It can run for a few hours or a few minutes then the pilot will click off. I checked the fan(operating correctly....2 speeds), thouroughly cleaned the venturi and replaced the pressure diff switch (although i could here it engaging) before I realised that its only the heating and not the DHW thats causing the outage. The main heat exchanger does show signs of leakage and over a few weeks the system slowly loses pressure ( I'm presuming the drips are flashing off.... so that does need replacing) but would this affect the heating? DP helped me out a few years ago with a site visit which cured all ails at the time which was much appreciated ....but bu**er me if i don't want to fix it myself!!!!!! Any pointers would be most welcome.........

Sponsored Links
We dont give advice on diy gas work on here.

I wonder why you did not call DP to service the boiler every year since.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I didnt realise the rules had changed with regard to advising on DIY repairs.....especially when you look at other posts, however thanks anyway for taking the time to point this out. DP was very very good and as mentioned did a fantastic job helping me out the last time but i do like to try and solve these things myself. Of course, isnt that the point of a DIY forum? Cheers lads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back