squelching noises!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loud water squelching noises from big radiator.Also hot and cold throughout.Other radiators are not fully hot too.Combi boiler seemed to make loud groaning noises this suddenly happened please help cheers Jason!

Sponsored Links
Thanks i let air out the fauly radiator.Maybe too long but no water came out.Then switch on today its a baxi combi range boiler not much over a year installed its a 80e or 105e.Lo and behind no pressure the 60c flashing faulty pump,is it easy job cheers.

the boiler will not work with out the system being pressurised to around 1.5 bar pressure,look for the filling loop which is the stainless steel hose with a valve connected, open this valve watch the preesure rise to 1.5 bar,
hey presto!!boiler should fire.

Sponsored Links
Sent this dont know if it went through.Loosened a silver bendy pipe that goes in boiler few water drops slip out.Then try on and off boiler with radiator and hw switches on.Pressure not risen.Dont know if i got wrong pipe dont wanna blow it upp please help cheers j!

What make boiler ?
have you checked system pressure.
you will find the system pressure on the small dial.
what is the pressure on this dial.
you will hear water going into the system when you open the valve.
please give more information about boiler, age manufacturer,etc;.

I said its zero pressure i said its 80e or 105e combi maxi range i try the shower silver type bendy pipe to no avail.

When bobw1956 said 'open the valve' on the silver bendy pipe, he didn't mean undo the pipe, which it sounds like you have done. There should be a tap on there which you can turn (probably got a plasticky knob on it) - turn on the tap until pressure reads about 1.5, then turn it off again.....

(Apologies if I've misunderstood....)

Hi thanks did move tap boiler heating hot water all on it lit up and was fine.But the chugging radiator was not fully hot all over especially tops otherwise all fine.But the pressure dial still stays on zero i try this both with boiler switched on and off so ive got it on theyre still to come.But what about pressure dial and not fully hot topped first big radiator next to boiler,other three and hot water fine cheers.Theyve been off since friday but no appointment til thursday earliest afternoon i can do.

As with most combi boilers, the baxi 80e and 105e have an automatic air vent installed inside them. If the pressure in the boiler/system has dropped to zero, when you re-pressurise it it will fill up but also air will be forced out of the vent. You will need to keep re-pressurising it until the pressure stays at 1.5 bar.
Also, you must re-pressurise the system every time you bleed a radiator, being a sealed system, when you let air out you must replace it with water!
If the pressure still drops after all this, you've got either a leak or a faulty pressure relief valve, call a corgi registered plumber :) [/b]

Hi all, new to the forum :)

I have a question related to pressurising my Baxi Combi.

I'm going to bleed my rads soon as they make a noise as mentioned above.

I just need some help working out how to re-pressure the boiler.

Which valve in the diagram below do I need to use? I'm thinking it might be number 5, but am a complete novice and don't want to muck anything up. Thanks for any advice :)

Boiler.jpg

Firstly you shouldn't high-jack old threads. Start a new topic.

Secondly, none of the valves on your template are filling loop valves.

Thirdly, see the FAQ topic near the top of the topic index - look for filling loop / filling sealed systems.

Lastly, don't bother to say thank you.

Thanks for the response.

Apologies, a lot of forums prefer the use of the same thread to avoid multiple threads on the same topic. Will make sure I start a new one next time.

Also, I did say thank you in my post.

Thanks very much for the info it worked very well 22nd December and no heating!! PANIC!!! surfed the net found this site and Saved me a fortune in plumbers call out fees.
THANK YOU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back