Optima G4 mini - installation problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the above system with one door contact, three PIRs, one LED remote and outside alarm bell.

The main box has a problem in that I can trace the power from the boxes 230v power terminals through the transformer to aprox 13v at the point where it reaches the pcb terminals. The red power light does not come on until you push the multi meter test probes on the pcb's positive and negative terminals - as soon as you release the probes the power light slowly dims and goes out.

I'm working on the basis that there is a problem with the pcb power terminal block and will get the unit replaced.

Be that as it may - I have a couple of questions regarding the installation and set up process.

The manual states that for the walk test I must have the tamper link in place - is this correct - even though I have three sets of tamper wires already in the terminals.

It is unclear how the door contact is wired - there are I think five contact points which ones do I connect to?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've overtightened the terminals and they've pulled away from the PCB. A quick solder job will sort it.

Deffo a pcb problem there.

The silver pair.

Thanks for that - are you able to answer the question about whether I have to have the tamper link in place (even though I have 3 sets of tamper wires in the tamper terminals) for the walk test - as per manufacturers instructions - seems a bit odd.

Sponsored Links
Deffo a pcb problem there.

The silver pair.

Thanks for that - are you able to answer the question about whether I have to have the tamper link in place (even though I have 3 sets of tamper wires in the tamper terminals) for the walk test - as per manufacturers instructions - seems a bit odd.

No, that dont sound right. must be a misprint or something :confused:

As joe said though, you've either broken it or its been a dry joint at the point of manufacture

Your alarm pair go to the silver screws on the contact. twist together your tamper pair and place to any brass screw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back