gas test ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having just had the kitchen plumbing and gas relocated to the new kitchen plan + re-pipe the boiler pipework and gas..i need the gas test doing before we fire the boiler up & use the existing gas fire etc..just about to get quotes for the test ..how much should i be looking at approx ? im in west yorkshire btw :)

Sponsored Links
Surely the registered guy who relocated the gas would of carried out all the necessary tests!

£0.00. Whoever will do the gaswork will test before and after his job if he is clever, and only after he finishes if he is not.
If you are actually looking for someone to certify pipework you have put in yourself, you need to speak to this guy.

View media item 15469

Sponsored Links
i havent put it in myself my plumber has but doesnt have his gas! and has done gas pipework for years... :) lol

Well that's alright then,why test it cos after doing it all those years he shouldn't have any issues.

Not sure what's worst illegal installers or the ****s that hire them.we ought to be like some other countries where it's illegal to employ the unqualified,put the sentencing back on the customer,they'll soon learn.

If this illegal installer was competent to install gas pipes then he would have known how to test them.

Best to report him to Gas Safe !

Maybe he doesn't want to pay two grand plus for someone to put in a days work? Can you blame him?

Oh dear, the troll is back.
Do you think you can make a comment that is even dumber than the one yesterday Joe? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back