What is cheaper to run Vaillant ecotec plus 837 or 937

H

hasso

Hi guys just want to know what is cheaper to run vaillant eco tec plus 837 or 937?

Thankss

Sponsored Links
The 837 is a far better boiler the 937 suffers from software reliability problems an I truly a huge bit of kit god knows how it stays on the wall

Sponsored Links
Eeek, I get quite worried reading these posts about 937's :cry:

Heard there hard to work on and ours is in a small cupboard, its been in 2 years now without issues though.

Ur a lucky man David u should get a euromillions ticket this week lol ! The mAin boiler is fine it is just an 837 with a storage vessel the software running the 2 together was the prob givin f81 91 faults Vaillant sorted later on with a new shunt pcb . If u get any probs just turn the storage off an use as normal combi

Ah well yes it should be good experience for me if it goes wrong and I have to repair it :)

Just had a look at the parts manual out of interest, is 0020035399 the PCB for the shift load tank?

Glad to know 2 years is good!

None of those websites tell you a blind thing about which will be cheaper to run. One of them stores hot water permanently. If you need hot water frequently and in fairly small quantities this may be worthwhile, if nothing else because you'll be running less water down the drain waiting for it to warm up. If you use hot water twice a week then it is simply a very inefficient way of keeping your airing cupboard (or garage or loft!) warm.

Note that the 837 has a keep-warm feature that can provide you hot water just as wuickly as the 937. So the real decision should probably be based on whether you need the stored hot water to provide a short period of very high hot water flow, for example if people are likely to be washing their hands while you're trying to take a shower. Of course the boilers themselves are unlikely to cost you the same amount to buy or install or maintain.

So the short answer?" It depends. On you :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back