Can a wet pump Brake a fan in the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a circulating pump wet at a job and it stop working also the boiler ( glow worm micron 55 ff ) went to lock or , replaced the pump and the boiler would stay on for 10 min then lock out the customer said she had a service plan with a local guy so I did not look at the boiler the guy says it's the fan broke and that me getting it the pump wet burnt out the fan I did not think it could do that but you guys on here know a lot more than me am I being stiched up or is he right

Sponsored Links
HI

can a blown car reverse bulb cause seat belt to get stuck ??

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the "Service Plan" is a fixed price deal, so the service co is trying to claim that your "adventure" with the pump is to blame smells like Bullsh*t to me!! :rolleyes:

He is trying to get me to pay for the fan. Already bought a new pump that set me back so don't fancy buying a fan

He is trying to get me to pay for the fan. Already bought a new pump that set me back so don't fancy buying a fan

Do you know anyone who could give a second opinion ?

Worst case appoint an independant and offer to pay their call-out if they can prove you were at fault if not pass the cost on to the customer

I got a circulating pump wet at a job and it stop working also the boiler ( glow worm micron 55 ff ) went to lock or , replaced the pump and the boiler would stay on for 10 min then lock out

Does it work for 10 mins again once the boiler has been reset/cooled down? Might not even be a fan problem.

Every time it reset it worked for 10 min. The last thing the fitter said was that he has got it working but he has put a fault finder on it and it said there is a fault on the fan Can you plug in a computer to boilers to tell you faults ? Or has he just used a muilti meter

he has put a fault finder on it and it said there is a fault on the fan

Nothing to do with you at all then by his own admission.

You only replaced the pump!

I bet the pump you took out had nothing wrong with it anyway or at the worst nothing that a hairdryer wouldn't fix.

Most on here I'm sure would refer to their fault finder as a multimeter. I bet I'm not the only one here thinking that when he replaces the fan and it still cuts out after ten minutes that his 'fault finder' will tell him it's a pcb problem or something else that according to him will also be your fault.

The only way you fitting a pump could possibly cause the boiler to cut out is if there was an airlock left in the system causing the boiler to cut out on overheat. It could not cause a fault on the fan.

Yeah he's talking out of his arse. A new fan won't change anything. Getting a pump wet is more likely to blow the PCB fuse. It could be air but also make sure the pump is the right way round.

pump is the right way i have bleed the system loads no air at all now , I thought it may not been the fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back