Radiator bleed valve snapped off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Two of my radiators were only heating up at the bottom, so I planned to let some trapped air out, the first one was fine the second the square part snapped off inside the key. This radiator seems newer than all the others in the flat and has an area around it too that looks like it can come off? I gave it a go and it def won't come off easy so I figured I should leave it alone for now.

Any advice on how I can fix this or if that large part around it should come off?

Thanks
rad.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hmm. I don't recognise the make.
29502129.jpg

You could try to use a screw extractor on the brass part after drilling a hole in it, you can buy those.
Alternative would be to try a spanner on the large hex, with maybe some heat. It might be welded or brazed in, and it might be a funny thread, but if you're lucky it'll be 1/2"bsp ( about 19mm across the thrreads) and you'll easily be able to get and put a chrome or brass one in.

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/graphics/6916.gif

Looks like a myson roundtop, i would just shut the valves, wind out the whole thing with a spanner, put some P.T.F.E. on the thread, slowly open one valve, then close it, slowly open the other valve till water comes out then put it back together. You can also get replacements for these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back