BAXI 105 HE FLAME FAILURE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI IVE HAD NO HEATING OR HOT WATER FRO OVER A WEEK NOW.

FLAME FAILURE NEON FLASHES.

STARTS UP, IGNITES, ATTEMPTS FOR 10 SECONDS BEFORE ABORTING.
TRIES TWICE MORE BEFORE FAILING AND NEON FLASHES.

REPLACED PCB, MICROSWITCHES, GAS SENSORS, SELECTOR SWITCH COUPLE OF ISOTHERMS, FLUE STAT, WITH SAME RESULT EVERYTIME.

PRESSURE IS AT 1.5 NO PROBLEM PRIOR TO THIS.

PLEASE HELP ITS FREEZING!!!!

Sponsored Links
Does it fire if you remove the white wire from the condensate trap.Lots of other reasons for your fault but this one is a start.

Sponsored Links
Does it fire if you remove the white wire from the condensate trap.Lots of other reasons for your fault but this one is a start.

Hi, thanks for question... I've just checked this...

it fires up, and tries for 10 seconds before failing after 2 more attempts. Basically the same fault if the wire was connected to the condensate trap.

Check and correct if necessary
1. Flame sensing electrode and lead connections
2. Electrode position
Flame current should be 1 μA approx.

Replace flame sensing electrode

If checks above are completed successfully, blockage
of the condensate drain or trap may have occurred

I had a problem with the ignition electrode ceramic insulation being cracked on the same boiler (I had only installed it 4 months previously.) So the spark never made it as far as the tip and hence no ignition.

I can't recall if you can see the electrode tips through the sight glass. If you can't, you should be able to remove the electrode cluster and see whether or not there is a spark present.

Hope this helps

Check and correct if necessary
1. Flame sensing electrode and lead connections
2. Electrode position
Flame current should be 1 μA approx.

Replace flame sensing electrode

If checks above are completed successfully, blockage
of the condensate drain or trap may have occurred

Thanks for replying..
Flame electrode has already been replaced, they are in the flame. All this work is being done by my plumber, but he's pretty stumped! Ordered a new lead, being fitted tomorrow... fingers crossed!!

Condensate trap is clear, checked and been washed out.

I had a problem with the ignition electrode ceramic insulation being cracked on the same boiler (I had only installed it 4 months previously.) So the spark never made it as far as the tip and hence no ignition.

I can't recall if you can see the electrode tips through the sight glass. If you can't, you should be able to remove the electrode cluster and see whether or not there is a spark present.

Hope this helps

It is igniting, but its not registering, thanks for getting back.

have the Spark Electrode and Flame Sensing Electrode been replaced

Has tha aps been changed ? What is the dynamic working presure/ what is the burner pressure ? Is the polarity correct ?

have the Spark Electrode and Flame Sensing Electrode been replaced

Thanks for replying...
Flame sensor electrodes have been replaced, spark electrode hasn't yet... it is igniting, would this need replacing?

Has tha aps been changed ? What is the dynamic working presure/ what is the burner pressure ? Is the polarity correct ?

Only sure what the aps is?
Polarity is correct,
apart from the system pressure being between 1.5 - 2, not sure of gas pressure.

The only part left to replace with a sensor is the gas value!?

i always replace both
as baxmax said check the aps and polarity

aps Air Pressure Switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back