DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

recommendations for a new combi boiler..

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steg40

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Location: Denbighshire,
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif

Thank you


Ste
Back to top
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Corgigrouch

from United Kingdom

Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 3361
Location: United Kingdom
Thanked: 352 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:06 am Reply with quote

'Fraid 600 notes isn't going to get you much of a boiler if that is your budget.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
steg40

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Location: Denbighshire,
United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote

As i say 600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
libby lou lou

from United Kingdom

Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Posts: 3697
Location: Lancashire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 43 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quote

steg40 wrote:
As i say 600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more


Nearly got enough for a coal fire icon_biggrin.gif
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
muggles

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 4698
Location: Devon,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 621 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote

steg40 wrote:
As i say 600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more


You need to work very hard to get more, you're looking at much more than double that for a decent replacement including installation
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
hibeealex

from United Kingdom

Joined: 18 Dec 2005
Posts: 40
Location: Edinburgh,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 6 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote

Aristons are not bad generally. The common better ones are vaillant & worcester bosch, atag, viessman etc very good as well,
whilst you might pick up one of the above for 800-900 its the installation costs which you need to allow for and the best way to get that is to ask people round for a quote
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Wangerman

from United Kingdom

Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 418
Location: Hertfordshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 26 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote

steg40 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif

Thank you


Ste


Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for 634 if you can drop the vat.

Some people hate em, others rate them quite highly for a new boiler

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
gazthepottertonengineer

from United Kingdom

Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 1273
Location: United Kingdom
Thanked: 118 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Remeha Avanta + icon_wink.gif

Nice size boile and good to work on !!! and our new owners icon_lol.gif
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
bengasman

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 30954
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 2753 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote

steg40 wrote:
...Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif


In that price range, this would be your best bet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004B0Z2T4/ref=asc_df_B004B0Z2T41407405/?tag=googlecouk06-21&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B004B0Z2T4&linkCode=asn
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
linkyplumb

from United Kingdom

Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 1333
Location: Hampshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 165 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote

bengasman wrote:
steg40 wrote:
...Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif


In that price range, this would be your best bet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004B0Z2T4/ref=asc_df_B004B0Z2T41407405/?tag=googlecouk06-21&creative=22134&creativeASIN=B004B0Z2T4&linkCode=asn


icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
onlyfitidealboilers

from United Kingdom

Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 2023
Location: Aberdeen,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 150 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Wangerman wrote:
steg40 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif

Thank you


Ste


Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for 634 if you can drop the vat.

Some people hate em, others rate them quite highly for a new boiler

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special


only people who haven't fitted one hate em, if you put one in they are very very tidy
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Wangerman

from United Kingdom

Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 418
Location: Hertfordshire,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 26 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote

onlyfitidealboilers wrote:
Wangerman wrote:
steg40 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif

Thank you


Ste


Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for 634 if you can drop the vat.

Some people hate em, others rate them quite highly for a new boiler

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special


only people who haven't fitted one hate em, if you put one in they are very very tidy


I knew that post would get you going icon_razz.gif

Think Plumb Centre throw in a telescopic flue as well
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
bengasman

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 30954
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 2753 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote

muggles wrote:
steg40 wrote:
As i say 600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more


You need to work very hard to get more, you're looking at much more than double that for a decent replacement including installation


Correction: he is looking at way more than that for a proper supply and fit. OP specifically stated that reliability was important.

I have heard rumours of cowboys doing supply and fit for that sort of money, but I still have to actually see one.
Would love to see one though.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
bengasman

from United Kingdom

Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 30954
Location: London,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 2753 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote

onlyfitidealboilers wrote:
Wangerman wrote:
steg40 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around 600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful icon_smile.gif

Thank you


Ste


Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for 634 if you can drop the vat.

Some people hate em, others rate them quite highly for a new boiler

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special


only people who haven't fitted one hate em, if you put one in they are very very tidy

Are you sure it is not the Response you are talking about?
Tidy looking boiler that was.
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
transam

from United Kingdom

Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 9069
Location: Surrey,
United Kingdom
Thanked: 1353 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote

600 have u considered a Ravenheat OP think about it u could do worst icon_smile.gif
Back to top
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Similar Topics   Replies   Views   Posted 
Combi Boiler Recommendations 28 460 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm
Combi Boiler (any recommendations) 5 860 Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:20 pm
Combi boiler recommendations 5 760 Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:38 pm
Small combi boiler recommendations please 3 380 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:22 am
New Install - Combi Boiler Recommendations 16 400 Wed May 21, 2014 8:21 am


 
DIYnot
Find an Expert | Find a Supplier | Search DIYnot.com
Network | Advertising | Newsletter
DIY | DIY How To | @home | DIY Wiki | DIY Forum
By using this site you agree to our Terms of Service / Disclaimer.
Please read our Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2000-2014 DIYnot Limited.