recommendations for a new combi boiler..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around £600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful :)

Thank you

Ste

Sponsored Links
'Fraid 600 notes isn't going to get you much of a boiler if that is your budget.

Sponsored Links
As i say £600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more

You need to work very hard to get more, you're looking at much more than double that for a decent replacement including installation

Aristons are not bad generally. The common better ones are vaillant & worcester bosch, atag, viessman etc very good as well,
whilst you might pick up one of the above for £800-900 its the installation costs which you need to allow for and the best way to get that is to ask people round for a quote

Hi all,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 23 mffi combi which is driven me mad this past year with faults(have heard they not the most reliable of things) so i have decided for peace of mind to just have it taken out and replaced but am at a complete loss as to what to get. Price is a factor (currently have around £600) but also reliability too. If anyone has any suggestions on what to buy this would be most helpful :)

Thank you

Ste

Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for £634 if you can drop the vat.

Some people hate em, others rate them quite highly for a new boiler

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special

Hi all,

Thank you

Ste

Plumb Centre are doing an Ideal logic Plus 30kw for £634 if you can drop the vat.

Other than that not a lot around in your price range unless you want a Ferrolli Wickes special

only people who haven't fitted one hate em, if you put one in they are very very tidy

Hi all,

Thank you

Ste

only people who haven't fitted one hate em, if you put one in they are very very tidy

I knew that post would get you going :p

Think Plumb Centre throw in a telescopic flue as well

As i say £600 is currently what i have but am working on getting more

You need to work very hard to get more, you're looking at much more than double that for a decent replacement including installation

Correction: he is looking at way more than that for a proper supply and fit. OP specifically stated that reliability was important.

I have heard rumours of cowboys doing supply and fit for that sort of money, but I still have to actually see one.
Would love to see one though.

Hi all,

Thank you

Ste

Are you sure it is not the Response you are talking about?
Tidy looking boiler that was.

£600 have u considered a Ravenheat OP think about it u could do worst :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back