What tool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps. I have a compression fitting that has come undone and I cant access it very well. Its on the CH system). I can get down the sides of it but cant manoeuvre a spanner to rotate it enough to turn it onto the next face of the bolt ( does that make sense?)

Anybody know a tool I can get easily (Screwfix etc) that will help?

Thanks,

James

Sponsored Links
i'm not quite sure what you mean but would a basin wrench help?

It's designed and useful for tightening taps up but rather than turn it on the horizontal plane it turns about its vertical axis which sound like it would do your job.

Hmm my explanation is about as complex as yours.. :oops:

At the peril of being shot down by the plumbers on this forum? ? ?

As an Ex-Joiner I think you may need a "Plumbers mate" not the paste, but a tool as described in the last post, dead handy for getting at tap nuts that you can just about see at the far side of a basin.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice guys, I couldn't get hold of a crows foot in time, but tried with the basin wrench. Didn't have enough room still to tighten the bolt. Had to cut off the pipe with a hacksaw blade and push on some speedfit.

Cheers,

James.

in future have a look at bahco adjustables they open further than other spanners of their size and have slimmer jaws

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back