B&Q Vulcan square radiator, any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched high and low for a vertical radiator that looks good and has a decent BTU for my cold house. I plan on fitting a few of them round the house to replace the old ones.
Suprisingly i have have found the Vulcan square in B&Q with a BTU of 7775.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1291055216830&isSearch=true

Does anybody know if these are any good or if i can get the same radiator elsewhere for less money? Or does anybody know of a better radiator?

Thanks in advance Ben.

Sponsored Links
Ben,.....The phrase more money than sense comes to mind,they look ok but the price!! Standard rads will do the same job,but I guess I'm showing my age and thinking of the money. :D After all its only rated at 2.25kw and its enormous.

Only Americans and really old geezers use BTUs.... ;)

The rest of the world use Watts

I always describe a Kilowatt as the equivalent of a one bar fire.... Though most folk have no idea what a one bar fire is these days... Pergaps the heat generated by 20 GU10 spotlights (50watt) may be better... :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back