Veritas Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've lived in my house for four year, and have not previously had any prolems with the Veritas alarm that was installed prior to my ownership.
However, 3 days ago we had a power cut at some point during the day, and since then the alarm will not set.
All lights remain on permanently, and pressing any buttons does not seem to do anything.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
You could try powering the panel down completely, remove the mains and disconnect the battery.
Leave off for 30 seconds (your external bell should be sounding at this point).
Then reconnect the battery and then mains power.

Thanks Pedders1970.
Is the battery in the main box, and is it just a matter of flicking a switch to turn off the mains?
(I've never looked in the main box - just use the panel to set & reste and that's about it...) :oops:

Yes the battery is in the control panel and the mains should be supplied by an unswitched fused spur, which just needs the fuse popping out of it.

Sponsored Links
First replace the faulty battery that you have.

Pedders1970, what is your suggestion supposed to do for the alarm? Its got a faulty old battery, 4yrs plus.

@ Europlex

If the panel has locked up, which it appears to have, then powering down completely should get the panel up and running again.
If the battery is faulty then this can be replaced once he knows his panel has not been damaged by the power cut.

Thats is why I have suggested what I have.

Many thanks to you both.

If the panel does reset by powering down and disconnecting the battery, when I do come to replace the battery at a later date is it just a matter of simply replacing it (take out old one, put in new one), or does the mains power need to be disconnected at the same time?

To be safe I would disconnect the mains whenever you are working inside the panel, but it is very quick and easy to replace the battery.

Do you mean the mains supply to the whole house, or just removing the fuse in the an unswitched fused spur?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back