Who would fit a Yale 6400 wireless in north london?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought one and would rather not go up a ladder!

Will do if I have to but if anyone knows a reasonable installer id go that route

Sponsored Links
Why go up a ladder?
Lean out of the window and fit it.
Unless or course your on the ground floor.
I would then advise you check the physical protection and not the electronic.

No established company would fit customers kit. For many reasons. Warranty, purpose for use. List goes on.

I have been looking at exactly that leaning out of the window to fit it, i think the ladder option may not be too bad either,

I reckon i can probably just about sort it ....im a bit lazy to be honest!

I was wondering if there was a London version of YALEGUY3 who might do it for areasonable consideration

might just fit the dummy first where the real one is going to go as a test run

And after they fit it, and someting goes wrong who gets the phone call?

Also why do the same work twice, fit the live sounder where you want it.

Sponsored Links
well YALEGUY3 says he has fitted other peoples alarms for them they have bought

If they left it in working condition i.e. the system is obviously not broken or anything and new out of the box i would take my chances perhaps they could give a bit of advice if things went FUBAR.

its more the Handy side of it rather than the programming bit, if it went wrong i would contact Yale or the retailer

Fair play to the man if he does as you say.
I have to work to certain standars, have provenance of the equipment. Sign it off to a standard and have insurance if it does not perform.

What I find amusing here is you purchase DIY kit and cannot DIY it.

You say take your chances, what does your insurance policy say?

it is possible, but not ideal, to fit it where you can reach it from an upstairs window, but it is out of reach of anyone on the ground, porch roof etc.

Assuming you are using the fixed screw holes as well as the lift off ones, you will need to be able to reach and undo the retaining screw that holds the cover on, without losing it. If you are using the correct alkaline batteries I believe they will not need changing for a couple of years.

I fitted one for an elderly relation, using just the liftoff screwhole, so they could lift it off the wall to change the batteries from the bathroom window, without needing a ladder.

Fair play to the man if he does as you say.
I have to work to certain standars, have provenance of the equipment. Sign it off to a standard and have insurance if it does not perform.

What I find amusing here is you purchase DIY kit and cannot DIY it.

You say take your chances, what does your insurance policy say?

Well I CAN DIY it i just DONT really want to, you have missed the bit about being a bit lazy.

My insurance policy does not require me to have an alarm for me its more about the deterrent factor and that it actually works.

What does any insurance policy say about a DIY alarm?

it
I fitted one for an elderly relation, using just the liftoff screwhole, so they could lift it off the wall to change the batteries from the bathroom window, without needing a ladder.

You mean like when you fit a Clock to the wall? just the big screw at the top?

When they ask if you have one and is it maintained.
Also dependant on the value of the insured.

But hey, some of us only work to standards set out by insurers and ACPO`s.

Never flapped about in the wind did it?

When they ask if you have one and is it maintained.
Also dependant on the value of the insured.

But hey, some of us only work to standards set out by insurers and ACPO`s.

but your not answering the question if someone DIYs it and checks the batteries whenever it needs it etc does that qualify as maintained for insurance purposes?

If it doesnt it means that No DIY systems have any insurance cover on them, so it doesnt really matter about the insurance its more whether or not it works

The answer was there, if the insurers require a maintained system a certificate has to be issued.
One that is recognised by an approved company.

How would you check the batteries for instance?

Again it all depends on the insurers and amount insured.

The answer was there, if the insurers require a maintained system a certificate has to be issued.
One that is recognised by an approved company.

How would you check the batteries for instance?

Again it all depends on the insurers and amount insured.

well thats a vague waffly answer isnt it, i am currently insured and dont have an alarm so its not a requirement to have one to be insured.

The system has a built in warning alarm when the battery is running low so you would use that to determine when the batteries need changing and then change it right? using the corrct batteries

So the question remains can DIY alarms put in by the non ACPO registered Jo Bloggs be used for insurance purposes?

So the question remains can DIY alarms put in by the non ACPO registered Jo Bloggs be used for insurance purposes?

You haven't been paying attention have you (too lazy perhaps)

The answer to your original question in post #1 is NO...... its DIY

Whats with your attitude, people have tried to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back