Who would fit a Yale 6400 wireless in north london?

So the question remains can DIY alarms put in by the non ACPO registered Jo Bloggs be used for insurance purposes?

You haven't been paying attention have you (too lazy perhaps)

The answer to your original question in post #1 is NO...... its DIY

Whats with your attitude, people have tried to help you.

My original post was does any one know if anyone would fit a diy alarm in North london i never mentioned insurance or certificates

I am now aware that for insurance purposes NO diy alarms are NOT covered by insurance thats me and a million others then and to be honest im not really bothered

i just want one that works i am already insured.

My main issue was screwing the sounder into the wall high up which i would rather not do but will do if i have to.

YALEGUY3 appears to offer this service oop north i just wondered if anyone did the same darn sarf

Sponsored Links
As before, if someone wants to chance the fact that when it goes wrong you will hound them to death, because thats what people do. Then good luck.
Again its DIY.

What would you pay someone to turn up to screw it to the wall for you?
Would £90.00 be too much?

As before, if someone wants to chance the fact that when it goes wrong you will hound them to death, because thats what people do. Then good luck.
Again its DIY.

What would you pay someone to turn up to screw it to the wall for you?
Would £90.00 be too much?

Point 1..thats what you might do, personally im a pretty laid back chap
and i like an easy life. if the installer didnt actually break it and it worked properly when he/she left then i would contact the retailer and say it stopped working, same goes for most appliances doesnt it? Never chased up the washing machine man when that went wrong.
maybe you should work on your people skills.

Point 2. Dunno what i would pay really, if they did the whole alarm shebang i.e. setting it all up about £100 seems reasonable .
Just to shimmu up a ladder and drill a few holes probably not.prob would take about 10 mins so maybe £25

Im sure you 'professionals' charge a lot more

Ahhhh DiY prices.

Note the sites name DIY-NOT PMSL

As for people skill you neither know me nor will. You got an honest answer.
My own customers, for many years are happy enough. So much so I do not need to advertise.
I spend some of my spare time offering advise for free, see that special word FREE.
I neither care nor am bothered what you may think. I gave you a correct answer, mentioning the possibilities that may occour, from years of experience.
Why I refuse to stick up a set of shelves because my drills are out ect.

Sponsored Links
spacecat, you're probably better off getting a local handyman to put it up for you than an alarm installer. You can still set it up yourself.

I spend some of my spare time offering advise for free, see that special word FREE.

It was hardly advice. All you said was that you wouldn't do it because you're holier than thou.

spacecat, you're probably better off getting a local handyman to put it up for you than an alarm installer. You can still set it up yourself.

It was hardly advice. All you said was that you wouldn't do it because you're holier than thou.

I reckon I
Will probably drill it myself, just don't particularly fancy doing it up a ladder! I'm quite good with electronics and the install procedure looks quite straightforward

I don't quite see what FREE advice I have had either just pushed in the direction of getting a ' professional' to do it
Just sounds like scaremongering to me.

I have read lots about dodgy companies making people sign up to extortionate maintenance and monitoring contracts. Just want a good deterrent that might actually work if some scumbag breaks in, and send me a message

OK first,
In respect of the original poster.
I do not see why you should be criticised for wanting someone else to fit a DIY product as if in some way you are a failure. It is perfectly your right to make these choices.
Secondly . .
Why not get someone experienced to fit an alarm DIY or not?
If you had never fitted one whether you were competent or not you may still have doubts about whether you had done it correctly or not.

When I install on a labour only basis the contract is just that.
I guarantee the installation ie the bell box will not fall from the wall or the contacts drop from the doors or that installing the alarm will not damage the property.
If the alarm fails due to a hardware problem then the responsibility falls straight back to the supplier/manufacturer.

Obviously if there is a problem with an alarm I have supplied and fitted then its my responsibility to change or repair the offending part.

This homeowner has chosen to fit an alarm that is not a requirement of his insurance policy.
It therefore does not have to meet any grade or standard.

If an alarm installation is a requirement of your insurance then it MUST be an NSI SSIA standard installation fitted to APCO guidelines.

However if the alarm isn;t an insurance requirement then a DIY alarm is an ideal cost effective solution.

I actually reccomend that none of my clients infrom their insurers they have had an alarm fitted.
In this respect if they fail to set the alarm and are burgled the insurabce will STILL PAY OUT.

At the end of the day though and getting back on topic some people simply do not own a ladder nor do they want to climb up one and work due to the height or safety concerns.
Would you be happy for your grandad or grandmother to climb a ladder or would you be relieved to hear someone had done it for them?

That sums up exactly what I have been asking, thought someone might have been glad of the work

I liked the comment about DIY prices I'm a professional mate that will cost you treble!

That sums up exactly what I have been asking, thought someone might have been glad of the work

I liked the comment about DIY prices I'm a professional mate that will cost you treble!
If I was closer I'd come & fit the SA (EWD) for you myself - FoC

There was absolutely no need for the silly Regs/Insurance comments.

I really have a problem with people who 9/10 times don't read/understand the simplest of questions and always go off on one of their own non answers.

Hey guys I'm a real man now
I went up a ladder and installed an alarm sounder :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back