Global Warming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/3229?

Were getting as cold as the above, as the gulf stream has now shifted. Has anyone noticed that the scientists have kept quiet about global warming. :rolleyes:

Were in for a very harsh winter. No one can predict as were entering new territory as far as weather patterns are concerned.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
They have stopped calling it Global Warming now. It's called Climate Change. I feel another raft of taxation coming along soon. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Turns out the ozone layer was like a duvet, so now it's global freezing ;)

Actually read the other day, this weather is PROOF of global warming,obviously, i didn't read the rest of that story.

Sponsored Links
Early snow is normal..it's the past years that have been abnormal. Global warming is a myth, and we will have a long summer next year at average temperatures.

There is of course an effect called precession, whereby the seasons move very very slightly every year. I just wonder if we now need to lose a couple of weeks out of the calendar to catch up. If it is (I doubt it) then I really need to get out before the shops close for Christmas. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

What worries me is the length of daylight. Its getting less and less everyday. By June 2011 I dont think we will be seeing daylight atall.

Mr. W.

What worries me is the length of daylight. Its getting less and less everyday. By June 2011 I dont think we will be seeing daylight atall.

Mr. W.

Dont worry I've got a bulk deal on some flashlights so I can do you a couple cheap. They're solar powered so you never need to worry about batteries.

There's far too many people getting fat on the back of global warming, they'll never admit that they got it wrong.

Hope the gulf stream isn't affected too much. Its all there is between us becoming a frozen wasteland.

Will make Siberia look appealing!

WARNING - OLD TOPIC RAISED FROMN THE DEAD!!

I realise my memory may be slipping, but weren't Augusts usually hot? It's feeling a tad chilly here in Bristol, and 'Er Indors is already hinting that the ch should be coming on soon.

I'm determined to hold out until at least Oct. :evil:

Where's this global warming that everyone's always banging on about? :rolleyes:

It was called global warming not localised warming. Whether or not you chose to belive the suggested causes, global temperatures have broken records recently.

It was called global warming not localised warming. Whether or not you chose to belive the suggested causes, global temperatures have broken records recently.

Records have been broken, since whenever they say that they mean records since 1851.

In climate time-scales that's like me saying I've broken the 100m record, well, I have, because I only started recording times for it since 7pm today.

In other words, records have NOT been broken at all.

Not saying globalwarmthink is wrong because of this, but it is a pet peeve that every keeps using this particular line.

It is difficult so see why the acidity of the sea is rising without increased CO2.

Ice cores can give us data from eons before records were kept. Certainly imcreasingly extreme weather events are being recorded, Whether you or I believe this is due to human activity I guess is up to the individual to decide, my guess would be yes, but other factors such a solar activity etc will play a part.

Sponsored Links
Back