Installing another shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like some advice before I start requesting quotes.

We have two bathrooms, one en suite and a family bathroom. There is a shower in the en suite but not the family bathroom. Both bathrooms are next to each other separated by an internal wall and are near identical in layout.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to run new plumbing to the family bathroom for a shower. We're talking around 4 feet of new plumbing to the family bathroom.

I have no idea if this would be possible, maybe it would adversely affect the pressure... I don't know.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Of course it will be possible, you could go under the floor, through the wall, through the ceiling etc...

Regards to affecting the pressure, depends if it is going to be used at the same time, what heats your water up (combi boiler, open vented cylinder, unvented cyliner) and the initial pressure before installation.

Of course it will be possible, you could go under the floor, through the wall, through the ceiling etc...

Regards to affecting the pressure, depends if it is going to be used at the same time, what heats your water up (combi boiler, open vented cylinder, unvented cyliner) and the initial pressure before installation.

Sponsored Links
Not sure which system I have. I have a hot water tank upstairs and a cold water tank in the loft. As far as I know the water for the shower is direct from the mains I think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back