Do i need a new shower? Mira Sport Electric Shower 9kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Mira Sport Electric Shower 9kw which is working oh but the red cable from wall socket has burnt out twice now and someone told me that shower unit itself is on the way out ( the elements ?) would buying a new shower fix this problem? Shower was fitted new 6 years ago and rewired with correct cable (think its 6mm)
any help ? thanks!

Sponsored Links
where has the cable burnt in the switch connection ?
what type of wall socket is it ? heard of a wall switch or pullcord.

why do they suspect the elements ? is it failing to heat ?

It's the wall socket outside bathroom. basically burnt out just at connection with screw (screw is tight and not loose) red cable has also melted a little bit!
Switched off at mains just now because of sparks coming from behind wall socket!

Sponsored Links
forgot to add that as far as i am aware there has been no heating problems! It does take a little time to get hot but not long! Not instant heat is what i mean!
Just checked the wiring again and cable that is burning is red cable that runs from electric box downstairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back