Tongue and Groove Wooden Ceiling Repair - Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a tongue and groove wooden ceiling panel to put back in the below pictured gap. What technique should I use to secure it back in place? I am a complete DIY newbie.

Let me know your tips for doing this and please tell me the purpose of the metal fitting shown in close up in the second pic.

Thanks

tongue-and-groove.jpg

metal-fitting.jpg

Here's another pic of the missing panel:

missing-panel.jpg

Sponsored Links
very difficult to do a hidden repair
would suggest you take your removed bit assuming its whole with the back groove broken off
cut the length from the top off the frame to the bottom edge off the moulding

glue on the face off the remaining half off the slot plus glue on the baton
slide the cladding across until central then slide up until 6mm is under the moulding at the ceiling

make a patch from 6mm ply with a slot for the screen 12mm bigger than the hole chamfer the exposed edges with sandpaper
fully paint/varnish the ply before instilation
clean up the 10mm overlap area with coarse sand paper and attach the ply with clear silicon to the wood
when cured finnish the edges against the screen again with clear silicon

Accelorator
You seem to be having a big problem with your tongue & groove panels,you are said to be a member for a few years,shurly you have picked up some tips on how to fix holes in wood? :eek: :eek: :confused:

The metal is a concealed cladding clip used in the original install.

Sponsored Links
So, as far as I understand it, the forum is recommending:

- On the groove side of the missing panel, I remove the back edge that creates the groove. How would you recommend removing the back edge? Use a wooden chisel to remove it??

- I can then slip the tongue of the missing panel in and glue it down on the groove side of the missing panel. Correct?

- What glue would people recommend??

Thanks from a newbie!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back