Do hot fill dishwashers exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old dishwasher went pop last night flooding the kitchen, it's about 20years old so hasn't done too badly. Now we have a solar HW panel we want to replace it with a hot fill dishwasher.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Cold fill they don't do hot fill

We checked several Indesits in the shop and it said in all the instruction books: "Connect this dishwasher to either a cold fill or a hot fill, as long as the water temperature does not exceed 60 degrees C".

That's good enough for me.

Sponsored Links
No, its at pathetic pressure (something that's going to get investigated next Feb when we get a new bigger cylinder) but Mrs RR has just run the new dishwasher and it worked impeccably, nice and quiet too.

Interesting, that one....I recently looked at a machine which was connected up to gravity hot by mistake - and the solenoid valves just wouldn't open to let any water in at all.
I thought dishwashers were all cold fill due to possibilities of bacteria in hot water - obviously incorrect!
John :)

I thought they are cold fill, because so much of what goes on is done with cold water.
It is therefore more econmical.

Well I thought that as well, so I watched and heard the solenoid open the valve with a little "cluck" and lo! ....the hot water flowed.

Would any bacterium survive in water heated to 60 degrees? It's treated with chlorine even before it enters the house and then the alkalinity of the dishwash tablet will finish off anything living on the plates, which is likely as they can get quite whiffy if left unwashed for a day or two.

I'm not aware of any process that's done cold; our dishwasher has always run hot, all the time, right up to draining and finishing. See above on bacteria for the probable reason.

Well good luck to you mate so why wonder - pleased the dishwasher is working, so thats a few brownie points!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back