Texecom veritas excel - final pieces help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a Texecom Veritas Excel alarm system. I have wired in most of the system and have a few questions before I connect it up to the battery. I'm a novice when it comes to alarm panels so I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

1. I've wired up the system as EOL (end of line) using the resistors provided. I'm not sure if I've done this right for the magnetic door contacts? Pls see diagram below on how I've wired this up. The two resistors are in contact when they meet the left brass screw. Is OK?
GALLERY]

2. Any unused zones should have 10K resistor placed between them in the panel?
3. I need to 'notify' the system I've wired up as EOL but from page 23 in the manual, there's EOL tamper alarm on zone short and EOL tamper alarm on zone open. Which one do I choose?
4. Also I purchased the Texecom speech and text dialler and I'm having difficulty in wiring this up. Does anyone have any 'simple' instructions that can help me in wiring this up to the panel? After reading the manual a few times, I'm still not able to make sense of it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
1, correct.
2, yes in an ideal world.
3, 3.2 on 3.2 on
4, Page 8 for the dialler has all the terminations you need for the panel.

Simples :D

1, correct.
2, yes in an ideal world.
3, 3.2 on 3.2 on
4, Page 8 for the dialler has all the terminations you need for the panel.

Simples :D

Thanks Alarm for the reply, glad I've wired the magnetic contacts correctly as it was quite fiddly. But still confused on 3 and 4.

3. Did you mean 3.2 ON and 3.3 ON?
What is the diff between zone short and zone open?

4. This is as far as I've got with wiring the dialler.

Dialler Panel
0V ---> Aux-
12+ ---> Aux+
Tamp ---> Tamp
Tamp ---> Tamp

From the diagram on page 7, I'm confused about wiring triggers and where to connect this to on the panel. I think I need intruder trigger so trigger 3 needs to be wired? from the diagram it looks as though trigger 1 also needs to be wired?

Also what is the best way to earth the telephone connection?

Sponsored Links
3, both on.
4, Use the diagram provided.

Left hand side,bottom of the terminals with the earth symbol, try that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back