Hiding additional sirens in the house for yale 6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to instal my yale 6400 alarm and have temporarily put up the dummy box on the front.

When I put up the real one, I was thinking about getting another sounder and hiding it in the house .....loft maybe so if they wrecked the one on wall the alarm would still sound which would confuse them a bit

Good idea our waste of time?

Sponsored Links
yes, you can attach additional sirens to a yale control panel. This is because when you attach siren(s), the control panel sends a radio signal "hello, siren"

the siren(s) receive this signal, but have no transmitter so they do not reply. So the control panel does not know how many sirens have received its signal, and the sirens do not interfere with each other.

Depending on the layout of your house, it might be useful to have a siren on each side, where it can attract attention. The sirens are very loud indoors, you might consider putting one high up out of reach in the stairwell; or attached to the ceiling; or hidden on top of kitchen units or under a piece of furniture. It needs to be somwhere that people cannot readily get at it and attack it. The flashing lights might make it easier to find if it is hidden, but I suppose you could disconnect them.

Thanks

clear concise answer to a simple question,
i thought it might be possibe, i was thinking maybe the loft near the front of the roof very hard to shimmy up there without a ladder and hard to no exactly where the sound was coming from

how many burglars expect 2 or 3 of the same alarm to go off in unexpected places they can see or find easily.

i have a WW2 air raid siren as well as others, when they go off you have to leave the building or go deaf

Sponsored Links
one of them said they could hear it two miles away when walking there dog :)

I would be surprised if you thought you needed another interior alarm.

Once you have heard your control panels internal alarm go off you will probably decide you don't need another siren inside the home.

However you can add as many sirens as you wish to a 6400.

My suggested uses for extra sirens would be

1 Replace the external dummy alarm with another working siren - put the dummy on your shed or garage
2 Put a working siren in your garage or on your garage
3 Put an extra working siren in your cellar
4 Put an extra working siren and a pir in your motorhome , caravan or van Anyone breaks into your motorhome or caravan would set off your home alarm - great stuff eh?

Just a comment worthy of note.
When the alarm is activated even if someone jumps up and down on the control panel in an attempt to detroy it the external siren once activated will continue to sound.
So if you do put another in the home it will keep sounding and chase them out once they realise destroying the panel has not worked.

So if you do put another in the home it will keep sounding and chase them out once they realise destroying the panel has not worked.

As do SAB/SCB sounders, its not like the kit you use has the corner of that market is it?

More like following us.

As do SAB/SCB sounders, its not like the kit you use has the corner of that market is it?

More like following us.

I don't see the need for this interjection. I never made any comparative remark. You are beginning to behave like a troll.
:rolleyes:

More like following us.

I don't see the need for this interjection. I never made any comparative remark. You are beginning to behave like a troll.

Jeez, you sound just like spacecat :rolleyes:

More like following us.

Jeez, you sound just like spacecat :rolleyes:
Get away, too many big words.

thats another of my threads trolled in fact the same one TWICE

ho hum ho hum

i ask a simple question get soem decent answers and then the SAME OLD SAME OLD come along and TROLL IT

can't help it can you

Funny what people do when they feel threatened

Again too much catnip.
I meerly informed that any correctly hard wired sounder will do the same as mentioned about the Yale. And sound for longer.

You really have to have those chips removed.

Again too much catnip.
I meerly informed that any correctly hard wired sounder will do the same as mentioned about the Yale. And sound for longer.

You really have to have those chips removed.

Who Cares?
What does it have to do with my post?
Why do you feel the need comment in every post?

I havent got a hardwired system so i dont care if they can make the tea and take the dog for a walk

Every TROLL post you make just makes you look a bigger and bigger fool

More like following us.

No one said no other system could do it!
Do you make alarm systems then if Yale are following you?

Like i said in another thread the Tech gap is CLOSING things you thought were for overpriced systems only are now on DIY kit for one Quarter of the price

The end is nigh enjoy what you can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back