Hiding additional sirens in the house for yale 6400

Should I answer this?

Why not.

First you seem to be in every post going on alarms with your limited knowledge.
Second, Insurance companies insist on conforming locks and alarms.

Sort of shoots you in the foot does it not.

Oh as a PS, have helped Beta test systems. What do you do? Apart from being a complete twonk?

Sponsored Links
TROLL TROLL TROLL

you still cant answer a question i said DO YOU MAKE ALARMS not TEST them

cant you read?

you certainly cant answer a simple question

BTW i have posted in 3 alarm threads 2 were mine!

I adapt systems to meet the needs of the client.
So pretty close to making them.
Adding and TESTING the modifications.

What is your profession?
Been asked enough times.
Something tells me your not in a position to give advice to people when it might be life saving.

Bet your in IT, all that needs adding is a T at the front.

I adapt systems to meet the needs of the client.
So pretty close to making them.
Adding and TESTING the modifications.

What is your profession?
Been asked enough times.
Something tells me your not in a position to give advice to people when it might be life saving.

Bet your in IT, all that needs adding is a T at the front.

You never actually answer a question or back up any of the stupid comments you make, you provide no proof for the nonsense comments you make.Your like a child that gets slapped and just keeps coming back for more

You make make POINTLESS posts in all threads ...both of mine

Life saving !!! your silly over priced burglar alarms get real, fire alarms yes and they cost £5 each

Like I said you are being DIY'ed out of a living, what you can do
anyone with basic skills can get near enough the same result for Most people as to make what you do Pointless

Ever heard of Diminishing returns where the added cost and effort is not worth the 'UNPROVEN' benefit of the outcome.

Thats your problem a The difference between a DIY system and a' PRO' one for the vast majority of people is SIMPLY NOT WORTH the additional
expense and effort of doing it.

£200 DIY
£700 Pro + monthly contract of £20-30 for 1-3 years

the benefits between the 2 UNKNOWN and likely not worth measuring

The COST difference HUGE!

Sponsored Links
Your being a silly person again.
You question experts, make assumptions.
Make false coments on the cost of a monitered system.
Also think a good fire detection device costs £5.00

Again I ask "What is your profession?"

Your being a silly person again.
You question experts, make assumptions.
Make false coments on the cost of a monitered system.
Also think a good fire detection device costs £5.00

Again I ask "What is your profession?"

The fire Brigade come round and fit a couple of £5 smoke detectors in peoples houses for Free they seem to think thats good enough for the average domestic household in terms of fir alarm systems

Your NOT an expert.. you are just a guy who installs alarms for a living who STILL NEVER PROVIDES EVIDENCE FOR HIS STATEMENTS what is about that you dont get?

Read the comments from people with monitored alarms they complain about the ridicuous costs ALL the time , you are like TIME SHARE salesmen!

On top of that there is annual maintenance and call out charges

My profession is irrelevant to this argument but in what i do I have to provide lots of Verifiable, auditable information that is transparent and open based on FACTs

You throw comments around like confetti why dont you MAN UP and publicy tell YALE their systems are no good!

tinkle tinkle broken glass ...............bottle breaks

Your Trolling big time.

£5.00 detectors are bottom line, work if they are maintained.
See that special word?

Your also not telling us your profession.
I am an expert in my profession, something you seem to not be able to claim.
Yet throw insults, like a child with a pea shooter.

Maintance charges are there for a reason, guess which one.........For insurance. A working insured alarm system.
Not something thrown in by a fool.
You want my name, my address to say Yale systems fitted by fools are carp, or other systems fitted by fools. Ask the Admin for my details.

Also, I can pride myself at being at the top of my profession.
Bet your not that good at yours.

Alarm,

look at it this way, in a couple of years time he'll make his fortune (?) and then be into insurance companies and their requirements.

Value of property / contents will require the insurance company/s to insist upon cover before they give cover.

What's one of the first questions they will ask?

Do you have an alarm system and if so by whom was it installed?

Yes I have, I did it myself a couple of years ago, it's a Yale 6400.

Oh dear, I'm sorry spacecat, that system is not an approved insurance rated system, you will have to have that updated to a Confirmed system using RCGPRS signalling otherwise, I'm afraid we (and most if not all other insurance companies) will not be able to offer cover.

Now of course he will be back to deride everything I've said, but you, as well as I know that this scenario happens on a regular basis.

Does that help or hinder?

Makes me feel better though, with any luck it'll happen and he'll be back to give us an apology !!! Dream on :LOL:

Agreed.
And no chance of any apology from the person.
As the person has not a clue.

now the children are ganging up on my thread which in reality had nothing to do with either of them! Strength in numbers but STIL no facts

What you MUPPETS fail to realise is that the VAST majority of people DO NOT need insurance backed alarms.

I have contents insurance on a large detached house worth approx 460-480k in a decent London area and have never been asked to provide an alarm for insurance purposes.
So its a NON issue for me and no doubt the vast majority of others

As fopr the £5 SMOKE DETECTOR ......ER Do the TEST change the battery

not exactly rocket science, you would probably charge £60 for the call out

ALL you can do now is FALLBACK on your insurance story but you have derided DIY alarms for not being as much of a deterrent with NO FACTS
to all intents and purposes they do the SAME thing one just costs MUCH less than the OTHER.

Why do you care so much about what i do? why is it even SLIGHTLY relevant.

I ask a couple of questions YOU TROLL my threads with BS and made up stats you are a JOKE

The asking of your profession, if you have one. Is to establish your qualifications to deride people with them.
Not so hard to understand is it?
Insurance companies trust us, Police Do attend correct signaling.
For stats Google ABI, see what they say.

Your the one making false claims. Bet you fitted your own Combi boiler. Thats against the law BTW unless your Corgi or Gas Safe now.

PS Police do have a disclaimer.
Never seen a non response yet myself.
What would I know!

I wouldn't fit a boiler as that IS something that not anyone can do, unlike a decent alarm system which ANYONE can.

police may attend but how LONG does it take?
They turn up after the event has long since finished
Pretty much the same as calling them yourself

Like I said for MOST people it is simply not necessary to have such contracts.
You still have provided NO evidence that diy alarms are less effective than pro,

it all comes down to money in the end so why don't insurance companies offer huge discounts to pro alarms?
Because its the same risk that's why

The requirement is an expense they put on the home owner with no pay off

Your getting worse.
Proving you know nothing about what you spout.
I get a huge discount on my insurance. Then again I have a top signaling alarm. All locks to BS3621 or above.

You really are making yourself look silly.

you're other colleagues disagree with you and say it doesn't reduce it by much If at all

How much more would an average person have to pay for a top system per month ......loads more

Still have to wait ages for the old bill to turn up anyway

You make it up as you go along like all the other nonsense you have said

still no actual evidence though that never changes

it's simply not worth some one paying £25+ a month
FOREVER to justify what you get back.

50 years would cost £15000! In fees plus insurance and any hidden costs.

How much of these charges are Pure Profit, your basically paying insurance TWICE for a maybe service at best.

if its not a requirement of your insurance which it won't be for most Dont bother it simply doesn't add up

How much is your TV worth?
Have more than one?
You music system?
Your lap top and other PC`s?
Gameboy, PS wotever number.
Jewelry?
CD collection?
DVD/Blue ray?
Personally I have two jackets worth over £1000.00 A £800.00 suit.
Several pairs of very expensive trainers.
Some top quality shoes.

So dork, insurance and alarms fitted by pros are needed.

Blimey, better not give out my postcode now
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back