scantronic 9800 service and fault light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a scantronic 9800 and the service and fault light is on. I have tried entering the engineer codes which is 07890 and then 99. But his just set the alarm off and the have to enter my 4 digit code to stop the alarm.

any help would be great

Sponsored Links
the screen keeps flashing up rt. Earlier I was getting a message of rt6 before I disconnected the battery and thought by disconnected the battery it might reset the alarm and knock off the services and fault lights. But this didn't work.

Please help

Ok rt means exessive keypad presses, so you must have the wrong code or someone's trying to tamper with the system.

You sure its rt6 as i cant see this event code??

Also disconnecting the battery will not help, this is flagging up as a fault.

Sponsored Links
Your also creating a tamper fault by opening the control panel to disconnect the battery.

the screen keeps flashing up rt. Earlier I was getting a message of rt6 before I disconnected the battery and thought by disconnected the battery it might reset the alarm and knock off the services and fault lights. But this didn't work.
Please help
I think I'm loosing the will to live, last time I'm going to post this lot

There is NO rt6 fault code from a Scantronic 9800

rt = Illegal use of keypad (excess number of keypresses).

In other words, someone put in a wrong number, 4 digits, then put in the right (or not) number, 4 + 4 = 8 digits = rt Illegal use of keypad (excess number of keypresses).

The idea is to pause between keying the number more than once so the above does not happen.

c1 to 8 Detector circuit open.
t1 to 8 Circuit tamper open.
o1 to 8 Detector circuit omitted (isolated).
E1 to 8 Entry via a detector circuit.
S1 to 8 Detector circuit on Soak test.
EA Alarm on entry
EF Exit fault
bF Control panel battery fault
PF Mains supply failure.
Sr System reset (Total power failure).
AP Aux. (Detector) power failure.
Lb Control panel low battery.
rt Illegal use of keypad (excess number of keypresses).
rP Remote keypad missing.
rr Total power failure (engineer reset required).
u1 to u9 User access number (U5 = Duress, U9 = Keyswitch)
AE Access Engineer
AA Arm area A (Full set).
Ab Arm area B (Part set).
Ac Arm area C (Part set)
Lt Control panel tamper.
tr External bell tamper.
cF Communications failure (External signalling).
LF Telephone line fault.
cc Communications completed successfully.

Euro this is a wind up, 2 posts here and another elsewhere, let alone anyothers.

this isn't a wind up, I wasn't getting any response of the other website an then I found this one.

Do I need a new battery or is the code to knock the service and fault light off?

that should have read
Do I need a new battery or is there a code to knock the service and fault light off?

this isn't a wind up, I wasn't getting any response of the other website an then I found this one.

Do I need a new battery or is the code to knock the service and fault light off?
Is this another question?

I've more than fully answered the one that started this thread. (again)

No one ever uses the SEARCH facility these days, they all think their question is unique.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back