scantronic 9450 install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have just purchased and fitted an old scantronic 9450 panel for my shed with a couple of probems.

i have conected one door sensor to ee and one to zone 2. all others are looped out but when i try to set the alarm the tamper fault lights up. can anybody give me a clue what might be causing this?

also the bell supplied which was aparently connected before the system was stripped out is a bell with only 2 connections. can you confirm what these should be connected to? i have them connected to BELL and +12v which is working.

i am guessing that there shoud be a tamper for the bell looped out but what should i connect?

any help would be greatly appreciated

steve

Sponsored Links
If you are not using a bell tamper , then you must link out the tamper circuit, place a link between 0v and TR.

many thanks for swift reply. the 5 connections on my board are aux- +12v tr str bell

would 0v be equivalent to my aux- ?

Sponsored Links
thanks. all working

the internal sounder has gone quiter though. still making the right nopises but about 1/4 of the volume. is that a sign of a problem?

In the middle of the main circuit board, turn up the volume pot.

thanks. just tried that but doesnt make it anywhere near as loud as it was. went quiet after i had looped out bell tamper

32 ohms. it looks like an original small speaker inside the panel

and its connected to LS terminals. are you saying the speaker must have been changed at some point? should i swap i? will it cause problems?

ok thanks. i would prefer to fit a new one inside the panel (it is 50mmdia). i have done a search but cant find one. could you point me in the right direction?
the instructions refer to a 9040 speaker which would be outside the panel but the 50mm one looks like it was allways there, it is clipped into lugs in the back of the panel. would i be able to fit 2 speakers so one could be wired to inside the house?

i dont want to spend what i dont need to. why do i need a better panel? will this one not do what i want it to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back