Accenta G6 wouldn't shut up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my neighbour's alarm went off and wouldn't shut up. Knocking on the door didn't help so I was about to go at it with a 2x4 thinking the property was empty when the door opened and a lady popped out. (No not like that).
OK story over, tech bit.
The panel was lit but the day, power and tamper lights on the keypad (remote version ) weren't.
Panel looked slightly open on the clip side which I thought might have set it off.
Tried the factory user code, wouldn't work and she didn't know the current usser code (if there is one). Engineer reset didn't work either. Finally disconnected the bell wires and battery which shut the mother up, decided to leave the strobe going so they remember to do something about it.
Being neighbourly I thought I'd find out how to reset it and why those lights (day, etc) aren't lit.
Any suggestions welcome.
I'm off to bed now 01:23hrs :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You say you tried the factory codes, and engineer codes.

You must have the wrong ones.
Time for someone who knows the panel.

Got the codes from the landlord today but nothing happens. Still wondering why the keypad backlight is on but none of the indicator lights work (day, tamper). Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Never been serviced

Duff battery

Damaged cable

The list goes on

but ...... I'd go for the first two

or it could be a failed SAB module,
that will lock out RKP on startup.

change the external sounder/strobe unit
change the battery

try again

if not a very large metal object at about 5 paces might fix it, but if it doesn't, it will shut it up!!!

agree, it could be a multitude of things.

The fault must be rectified before you can bring it out of lockout

Who's the pitiful man who keeps de-rating mine and alarms posts.

Get a life, stop hiding behind a thumbs down

as i said above.
it could by the bell box,
also if you have no indicators on the remote keypad, it could be the aux fuse
1.6AMP 20mm glass type.

also change the battery as well while you are at it.

codes will not work on the system if there is no power to it!!

post again if you need any more help.

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back