Texecom ricochet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit an alarm, the house isn't pre-wired, but is a bungalow so I can drop most wiring through the loft. For the window's etc its going to be a bit more awkward to drop wires through...unless anyone has any tips for this!! Where this leaves me is I want to put in a hybrid type system.
There seems to be fairly good deals on the Ricochet Premier24 complete system, the only thing I can't find is any reviews on the system. Anyone with experience on this? Is it reliable? or am I best to look elsewhere.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's decent kit but not priced for those on a budget.
Probably a bit overkill for a bungalow.

If you've got cavity walls you can use a narrow SDS drill to drill up through the lintel and fish out the cable from the loft. You may have a wooden wall-plate to drill through from above though. If you have cavity wall insulation it may not be possible though,

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'll also be bringing a detached garage into the alarm system as well, and thats 15m or so away and at present its not hardwired in so a wireless system is the only option. As I'll be extending the house having something flexible is good as well.
I've not installed an alarm before and from what I gather Texecom isn't the easiest but I do want something reliable and long-lasting. I'm used to wiring, etc., so not awfully concerned about that part. Could do with an installation manual though. From what I gather the pc software is the way to go for setting things up.

With regards to the build, yes, its cavity walls and I had thought of drilling right through to the wallplate...guess what, I've just had the cavity filled last week!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Texecom is a good starting point. With the new mesh it is pretty good. Although not used it, there are good reports.
You do not need the software to programme. It is useful for a 300 zone system though!
Watch out in the garage for draughts, spiders.
A goo idea is to put blue tac over the screw heads. It really does work wonders in defeating false alarms.

Drafts & thunder bugs, but it was not suggested it's a good idea to do the cable entry also :)

I do the cable entry but never had a problem with screw heads.

Screw heads was from seeing badly fitted ones on service. So it all got blu tacked.

Next time i`ll remember to not include all the info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back