Minor works cert, extending a circuit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Extended a radial circuit not in a kitchen or SL, What does it come under on the NICEIC details of work ?

Sponsored Links
I was submitting a job on the NICEIC website and Im not sure which box to tick, or dont you submit these ?

I'm not with Niceic, so can't say if they ask for one,
I am sure they don't, I don't
Does this info help
This Safety Certificate has been issued to confirm that the electrical installation work to which it relates has been designed, constructed, and inspected and tested in accordance with British Standard 7671 (The IEE Wiring Regulations.)
You should have received an original Certificate and the Contractor should have retained a duplicate Certificate. If you were the person ordering the work, but not the user of the installation, you should pass this Certificate or a full copy of it, immediately to the user.
A separate Certificate should have been received for each existing circuit on which minor works have been carried out. This Certificate is not appropriate if you requested the contractor to undertake more extensive installation work, for which you should have received and Electrical Installation Certificate
The “original” Certificate should be retained in a safe place and be shown to any person inspecting or undertaking further work on the electrical installation in the future. If you later vacate the property, this Certificate will demonstrate to the new owner that the electrical installation complied with the requirements of British Standard 7671 at the time the Certificate was issued.
GN3

Sponsored Links
It says that on the back of the MWC.

Ok, thanks anyway, Ill just pass the cert on to the customer

That work isn't notifiable so if the NICEIC web submission form is similar to Elecsa then there won't be an option for it.
You should have the option of choosing "Other" and describing the work if you ask me, that way you can notify anything you're not sure about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back