BT Vision box compatible with Sky Box and Magic Eye???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's one for you.

At the moment I have Sky and will soon be cancelling as I work for BT and get the Vision for free. I don't have any type of aerial and don't really want to install one if not needed.
So if I remove my Sky viewing card from the box I can still watch channels 1-4 with the Sky box switched on, this is then also relayed to another room using the Sky out port via coax with a magic eye on the end.
Firstly, I know that with BT Vision the Freeview channels require an aerial but the on demand only needs the adsl. Is there any way I could use the Sky dish to act as an aerial into the Vision box and therefore picking up the Freeview?
I was thinking something like Sky dish into Sky box as it is curently, a cable from the sky box, either scart or aerial into the Vision box and then the coax from the vision box to the other room with the magic eye.
Does anyone know if this would work, if not I'll install an aerial!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, but the answer is no.

The reason is that the Vision box has a Freeview tuner (hence the need for an aerial) - so it is expecting a wideband digital TV signal from a TV aerial to make this work. The RF signal from the Sky box gives only one channel at once and is old style analogue, not digital.

Put up the aerial. It makes sense. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back